talk.kiezburn.org
Thu 13 Jan 2022 10:43PM

(CLOSED) to distribute tickets for Kiez Burn 2022^H^H^H^H2023

K Kris Public Seen by 50

Hello,

I've subjected a lot of people (@Jan Thomas @Caroline @Veroca R. Sala usw) to my raving about ticketing (i.e. "solicited advice"), and I'm now presenting it here for the remaining to constructively critique.

Since I'm a modern woman I'm doing it in the format of a placard newspaper* :

https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVOVtvwps=/?invite_link_id=537360791469

*no Ostalgie allowed!

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Thu 20 Jan 2022 11:52PM

Hi, I have been tagged here,
I like this approach so far yes, we need to work out the numbers more in detail as this is a rather "small" event❤️

Low-income brain fart: Can people just be given the regular link but in the purchase process we include a low-income application as an option? so the person who applies for LI utilizes the link which will no longer be available for conversion after submitting (is this even possible?). As a result, once their low-income ticket is approved; there is another LI ticket or "half ticket" back to the poll. Of course, we need to disable the LI option whenever is appropriate. And I have no idea how much of a pain in the butt is this, im just brainfarting because is gratis and I dont need a ticket for it.

Im gonna drop here some numbers from 2021:

• We had a total of 52 "main orga" that include Korg, board, Realizers, dream guides team + those magical last-minute people who jumped in to help with short-term but very crucial things that were not "official roles".

• I can assure you that at least 25 of them were/are eV members, but maybe a couple of more...

• we had like 37 Kiezes/ Kiez Leads (if im not mistaken)

• we had 42 funded art projects /not dreamers ( many dreamers had more than one dream!)

• And we are currently a bit over 130 eV members.

• Consider this: many of main orga were also applying for one or many art projects and were also eV members, or even Kiez Leads on top of it all, so this is not a matter of just summing up all these numbers because as I said there is A LOT of overlapping. I would quickly guess we are sitting on 170 humans who need to be in... - historically many e.V members dont convert their tickets while others pass them on.

As a note, I wanna say that by the time we do the first "secret" round, probably not all the roles are taken, which means we dont need to release 300 or 200 tickets for the first round.

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Fri 4 Feb 2022 8:02AM

im gonna leave here a link to a comment in another thread, just to have it in mind when planning the ticketing process: https://talk.kiezburn.org/d/reyAcw4o/do-we-want-to-grow-the-kiez-burn-population-in-2022-/15 ( incl demographic questions in the tickets purchase survey)

K

Kris Thu 10 Feb 2022 12:03AM

Alright gays and gals, this has been very interesting and instructive!

Unfortunately, I'm landing on shelving this until next year. The reason is simply that there's too much other stuff I'd rather be doing, and we're not exactly having an early start.

Particularly two things weigh heavy:

• We didn't sell out quickly the last years, and we're (likely? Vero?) increasing capacity at least by a bit. So anyone tuned in enough will have a chill experience.

• I'm likely to be realising this, but there's not enough time for me to enjoy doing it. Ideally I'd like to start like December to think about this, and not March.

I'd love for this idea to work and to be something that is readily deployed for a nice experience, so maybe we can try it for burn night and ramp up from there. Or just do it next year.

Thanks for all the input!

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Thu 10 Feb 2022 8:36AM

Oh this is a pitty. It indeed looked like we would have an early start but not really.

• The population growth AP was cancelled. So unless someone starts the discussion again I guess stands the previous number ( I guess!)

Personal note: I have the feeling that all these processes we have in place are slowing us down in decision making while these could be taken in a meeting with those most involved in the matter rather than waiting for people to opine in this platform in decisions + it is too time consuming and demotivating.

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Thu 10 Feb 2022 1:54PM

We could have 3 people voted at the GA ( no board members) who later appoint 2-3 more people and they all come together with the Korg, as soon as it is formed.

• The whole group (or at least 50%) gets together eventually with the realizer/s who has the idea and talks them through the proposal.

• The "experts" ( ex realizers) are consulted if they are available.

• The voted members by the GA can ensure that info was collected in some way and weighted in, before any decision is made.

• the whole group vote, pim pum pam and a decision is made.

• A protocol is written up/notes/ conclusions and documented here on Talk for the future.

If the realizer wants to seek advice here, or make polls to see how supported the idea is, they are encouraged to do so, but the discussion and decision-making process is not held in this platform with the 5 ones who are sometimes online. Let's humanize the way we do things, please. We are organizing a burn, but it feels like something else...it has gotten, boring, annoying, cold and not worthy!

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Thu 10 Feb 2022 1:51PM

I think we need to simplify the bureaucratic part a bit further, the whole writing process on this platform and collecting input here is tedious.

CT

Caro T Thu 10 Feb 2022 1:34PM

As someone who only this week finally overcame my frustrations with Talk to engage in these conversations better, I agree. Advice Processes work well when they seek exactly that: Advice. I have this idea, but I don't know how to execute it, can you help. Voting on IF something should actually happen, I find impossible on Talk because the decision is then left to the 5 active Talk members, maybe 10. That doesn't make for a more democratic process than if we didn't ask the community at all.

K

Kris Thu 10 Feb 2022 1:15PM

I've been extolling the virtues of just electing a board and have them do decisions, and if we don't like those decisions - dethrone them. "Move fast, break things, then fix it" is much preferable to "deliberate for hours and then do the perfect thing on the first try".

I seem to remember the Pirate Party had a platform with a nifty feature to strike a balance with direct democracy and representation, where things could be put to a vote - and you either used your vote or you delegated it to someone you trust to vote for you. Which would make it easy for someone like me who doesn't care about the details of 90% of things, I could just give my vote to Cris or whomever for those things.

We've seem (not knowing the history here) to have gone the road of "deliberate and then be perfect" when choosing this platform, and I'd love to get out of that mindset and run experiments with how we do decisions - then maybe we discover something cool that actually works for us.

Second to that, having a board/executive is a tried and true method of running an org that quite often works.

K

Kris Mon 17 Jan 2022 6:34PM

We have to have some way of offering lower income tickets.

I'll try to address more of these, but just doing this one by itself because i had a brain idea. What if the lowest was so low everyone could afford it? What if we incentivized most people to go over?

A possible experiment could look like this, using a fundraiser style progress bar - but showing the average instead of total.

Load More