Fri 27 Aug 2021 8:42AM

2021 Burn Night 📍 Location (found)

P Purzel Public Seen by 55

Meetings

Lead roles

Covid-19

Volunteers

Tickets

Welcome! We are using this thread to organize the search and finding of a blast location for our Decom aka Kiez Burn Night 2021. Let us know if you have any bright ideas or good contacts.

Update: the location scouting & decom orga team decided for Birgit & Bier, 27 November. We can do presale!

👉 If you are interested in helping with some tasks before the event or would like to take on a Realizer role, sign up here.

👉 If you want to get in touch with us quickly, join the Telegram group for location scouting – Talk is still here to keep all the important updates and discussions going.

Here is our location scouting sheet.

Realizers:

@Clara White (realizer), supoort: @David Briggs @Lis @Agata

INFO

Schallplatte

• Address: Georg-Knorr-Straße 4
    12681 Berlin

• €€:

• Liaison: team needed to scout the location – possible dates late september / early october

Warehouse

• Address:

• €€:

• Liaison: byob, no heating?

Brache 09

• Address: An der Wuhlheide 239, Schöneweide – mostly outdoors

• €€:

• Liaison: no loud music after 10 pm, lots of workshop tents, can host 1000-1500 ppl, they have heard of us, byob might be possible

Orwohaus

• Address:

• €€:

• Liaison: currently max. 300 ppl

Monopol

• Address:

• €€:

• Liaison: strict sound restriction, no parties after 10pm

hearing berlin

• Address:

• €€:

• Liaison:

Anomalie

• Address:

• €€:

• Liaison: with our own bar & security (?), contract asap, we don't want to work together anymore

Haselhorst13 (H13)

• Address:

• €€:

• Liaison: not available in 2021, more fun for outdoor events

Birgit & Bier

• Address:

• €€:

• Liaison: no byob possible, they've hosted two KB events

More venue options (outside + inside)

• MaHalla

• Mensch Meier | contact: @Martin K

• Jonny Knüppel | contact: @Martin K – not possible

• about:blank | contact: @Martin K

• La Boom | contact: @johannes.kloeppnergooglemail.com

• Rummelsbucht (there are rumors that they're still playing music outside...) - Probably not possible to book any free slot there. Asked for Kiez Burn spot possibilies months ago. We not famous enuff for dat. :D

• Alte Boerse Marzahn – ?

Alternatives

• Tempelhofer Feld

• Zoom

• Home Decom

J

johannes Thu 2 Sep 2021 2:56PM

Here are also the picture we took from that location while we scouted it last year:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Lnc8rSNP_ovujHhu8YUncXiAJjienych?usp=sharing

K

Kaliope Tue 7 Sep 2021 6:34PM

Can you share a contact @Purzel? It's still possible to do a daytime event on a Saturday. Let's see what we can get. @johannes @David Briggs @Lis @Agata

J

johannes Tue 7 Sep 2021 3:56PM

About warehouse, as it is not a club they would probably the most expensive(but also most flexible solution). I posted the old contract we got in a first discussion with them a bit further up with some pictures, apparently from recent reaching out there was even some renovation done. And while I think we could make a really cool event there I think it is with the current uncertainty still risky for the high price(if someone is not really good in bartering). But if you want to reach out again to barter or try the second location they send, to check if it is cheaper you can go for it and I am happy to give you contacts.

S

Saskia Tue 7 Sep 2021 7:34AM

We talked about this via Chat already. :)

There will be no 3g and no weaseling around us being a dance event as long as I am covid lead.

We will have an indoor dance floor and that makes us a dance event. We will not try to bypass the 2G regulations.

I would be willing to talk about letting unvaccinated people in with a PCR test if that is a legal option under that conditions.

Otherwise it is a hard no from me.