talk.kiezburn.org

Build 2021

F Franzi Public Seen by 104

We need people to set up the Kiez Burn backbone - building the infrastructure that enables the important shit to happen, so builders can transform to sparkle ponies and go dash in the green fields, eating strange flowers & glittery sweat on dancefloors & art projects alike.

Build Plan 2021 work in progress

by Build manager Realizer: @Natacha Kromatik

Build Technical Maestro: @Don

Build Spreadsheet

What is build/setup?

This year the production team will not be building anything big (no gate or effigy). Instead, we are focused on setting everything up, enabling the event to take place.

Build starts: Friday evening and goes until morning of Wednesday

A full overview of all the tasks: https://realities.kiezburn.org/f61f1996-a5e0-41eb-83e3-625429a6f94e and please sign up:

• either for the general need (so being build lead)

• or for singular responsibilities, and then be responsible for coordinating it.

The big chunks of work:

1. help set up the volunteer kitchen

2. clean out storage, transport it to site, lay it out and distribute it fairly among infrastructure projects (several days) - https://photos.app.goo.gl/DwMLns4UmusrPz2S6

3. enabling signs, site perimeter, sound checks,... to do their job

4. support Toolhaus operations (mainly logistics) - recruit a toolbitch

5. purchasing & setting up the temporary shelters for feuerwehr (1 tent) & security (2 more tents on each entry) & first aid (another tent) and one back up (one last one) - 4 tents

6. clean up the whole site of things that block kieze

7. organize a van (e.g. sprinter) for transporting shit around site and to/from storage from build to end of strike. (insured!!!!) (so friday before event to Tuesday/Wednesday after event) (everyone needs to be able to drive it)

8. assist in volunteer coordination - https://kiezburn.org/get-involved/volunteer/ 

What do you have to do here?

1. communicating with everyone that potentially needs help in getting ready

2. planning of the work & determine the amount of volunteers needed

3. purchasing the relevant items (and van)

4. discuss budget with KBORG (@alexxx is your man there)

5. during build: be available from early morning till evening, constant liaising with everyone (do they need help?)

What is next?

How you divide the responsibilities, is to be determined by you. Some possibilities:

• there is a build/setup lead and then coordinates between everyone so that all the responsibilities are taken (https://realities.kiezburn.org/f61f1996-a5e0-41eb-83e3-625429a6f94e)

• there is no build lead - then you need to work as a team, get together etc. and make sure all the responsibilities are shared between you

• some other setup I have not thought of.

Budget

Needs to be defined with finance

Help?

• last year' build lead

• org questions? board 

• finance? @alexxx

• other peeps: see realities + Add your name here too!

Decisions that the Kiez Burn community took in the past that are important for this tasks:

• No burn without Build Lead

• No burn without Strike Lead

• Burn and Strike Lead need to be two different people

• Both need teams of each minimum 5 volunteers

• Both leads need to have build experience

More details can be found in google drive over here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cb6hCNkW5vqFLGAscny7DjoYl49D2DrI?usp=sharing

BUILD IN DETAILS

Make a build plan

• What needs to be built?

• How many people do you need? 

• What material do you need?

• Which tools will you need?

• What is in storage? check inventory

• Do we need electricity during build?

What needs to be built?

• Volunteering kitchen (that’s really the first thing because you need to feed peeple asap)

• First aid station (brings their own tent but will need a handwashing station)

• Ranger station

• Table/wooden plank, maybe a bench, hooks and a Cork wall/ Whiteboard (something, where we can pin/hang up Paper)

• Needs electricity

• Small hut (aprox 1,5-2 x 2-2,5m) In storage there should be the wood we used last year (The Saloon actually built it) One of the walls was the tarp with the map of KB. Rangers will bring their own tent (aprox 2.5 x 2.5m)

• Needs around 3-4 committed hippies during half a day at least. Do you remember better, @Jan-Christian Kaspareit?

• Site lead station

• Arbeitsamt

• Signs

• Setting up toilets

• Support water set up

• Support electricity set up 

• Conduct safety assessment of the site and fix up (eg holes, pitfalls etc)

• Organize the lightning together with lightning lead

Other build team duties

• Rent the build van and drive the van to the site

• Get stuff out of storage

• Manage general storage

• Tidy up the site (usually we get a messy site and spend half a day cleaning up trash/ bottles/ wood etc)

• Molding if needed

• Fix up missed side works eg broken stairs etc

• Manage the toolhouse (renting Kiez Burn tools to Kieze during build)

• Renting tools from Baumarkt eg Power Oga

• Prepare a tool inventory and buy new tools (this is definitely a big task this year since we have mostly used private tools aka Waldo’s in the past)

• Budget for tools & van and work with finance

Everything strike related you find over here: https://talk.kiezburn.org/d/nQsCzX4y/strike-set-up-2021

Meetings

#1 Build - Event infrastructure Onboarding 02.06.2021

#2 Build -Event Infrastructure Follow up - pre Burning Spark

#3 Build - Event infrastructure meeting - Build plan layout draft add meeting notes join link 17.06.2021

SD

Sven Dudink Tue 22 Jun 2021 8:01PM

Is there already someone doing the light equipment for the area? I asked for a quote from our power supplier, we can rent these fluter lamps for 8,75+MwSt per lamp for the whole event (beginning of build till end of strike and go with same transport as power cables), as for what I have seen now, we used in total 26 lamps to light the pads according to the 2019 maps, cables are not included, but I am not sure if they are actually already laying between the lamp poles, costs will increase a bit when cables come in between,

Another advantage is: these lamps can have another purpose on build to proper light construction spots when the sun is down

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Thu 17 Jun 2021 6:47AM

@Natacha Kromatik pin here to put in the agenda for today's meeting: to go through the points on this thread and cross what is done or not needed ( update the thread, I have crossed Arbeitsamt because I am not interested in it)

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Wed 16 Jun 2021 5:58PM

@Sven Dudink how are the prices for the lighting equipment from the company we rent the generators to? Please updates, thanks ❤️

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Tue 15 Jun 2021 8:30PM

@Aleks share your tent /set up, indications here

J

Jessie Tue 15 Jun 2021 10:07AM

Heyhey,
the Rangers would like to have a little hut again. Cris told me, last time, it was self-build out of wood, had a little wooden table and maybe a bench. Nice add-on would be some hooks. We also need electricity to charge the walkie-talkies and have some light. @Cris told me, that you @Natacha Kromatik have helped to build this last time and know how it kinda looks like. I will be at Spark and at Build, so if we need to discuss stuff, I'll be there. Thx in advance :-)

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Wed 9 Jun 2021 11:59AM

Updated this thread with #2 Meeting Agenda/notes. and added Build Manager Realizer & Build Technical Maestro realizer

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Wed 9 Jun 2021 11:34AM

@The Lord of Fire (Schatzmeister) Hey, shall we add the decision of dividing the build role in two here in this very thread ? advise how can we best document this decision on Talk . thanks

Item removed

F

Franzi Fri 4 Jun 2021 6:43AM

@Purzel please add in build needs for Security/ First Aid/ Firemarshals

@Otto please add in build need for volunteering kitchen

@Agata please add in build need for welfare

@Mareike does gate need help?

@Jessie @Cris please add in build need for wanderers

@Sven Dudink please add in build need for water & electricity

@Veroca R. Sala please add in build need for Arbeitsamt aka volunteering station

@anca for signs, do you need any help?

CY

CJ Yetman Tue 1 Jun 2021 8:24PM

@hans will Feuerwehr or First Aid bring their own tent?

I have all the stuff in one large box for the Site Lead station, and it would be very easy for me to setup that up alone in <1 hour. I will very likely be able to transport it on-site also, though I will have to verify when our camp’s truck will arrive (almost definitely not before Tuesday).