talk.kiezburn.org

Build 2021

F Franzi Public Seen by 104

We need people to set up the Kiez Burn backbone - building the infrastructure that enables the important shit to happen, so builders can transform to sparkle ponies and go dash in the green fields, eating strange flowers & glittery sweat on dancefloors & art projects alike.

Build Plan 2021 work in progress

by Build manager Realizer: @Natacha Kromatik

Build Technical Maestro: @Don

Build Spreadsheet

What is build/setup?

This year the production team will not be building anything big (no gate or effigy). Instead, we are focused on setting everything up, enabling the event to take place.

Build starts: Friday evening and goes until morning of Wednesday

A full overview of all the tasks: https://realities.kiezburn.org/f61f1996-a5e0-41eb-83e3-625429a6f94e and please sign up:

• either for the general need (so being build lead)

• or for singular responsibilities, and then be responsible for coordinating it.

The big chunks of work:

1. help set up the volunteer kitchen

2. clean out storage, transport it to site, lay it out and distribute it fairly among infrastructure projects (several days) - https://photos.app.goo.gl/DwMLns4UmusrPz2S6

3. enabling signs, site perimeter, sound checks,... to do their job

4. support Toolhaus operations (mainly logistics) - recruit a toolbitch

5. purchasing & setting up the temporary shelters for feuerwehr (1 tent) & security (2 more tents on each entry) & first aid (another tent) and one back up (one last one) - 4 tents

6. clean up the whole site of things that block kieze

7. organize a van (e.g. sprinter) for transporting shit around site and to/from storage from build to end of strike. (insured!!!!) (so friday before event to Tuesday/Wednesday after event) (everyone needs to be able to drive it)

8. assist in volunteer coordination - https://kiezburn.org/get-involved/volunteer/ 

What do you have to do here?

1. communicating with everyone that potentially needs help in getting ready

2. planning of the work & determine the amount of volunteers needed

3. purchasing the relevant items (and van)

4. discuss budget with KBORG (@alexxx is your man there)

5. during build: be available from early morning till evening, constant liaising with everyone (do they need help?)

What is next?

How you divide the responsibilities, is to be determined by you. Some possibilities:

• there is a build/setup lead and then coordinates between everyone so that all the responsibilities are taken (https://realities.kiezburn.org/f61f1996-a5e0-41eb-83e3-625429a6f94e)

• there is no build lead - then you need to work as a team, get together etc. and make sure all the responsibilities are shared between you

• some other setup I have not thought of.

Budget

Needs to be defined with finance

Help?

• last year' build lead

• org questions? board 

• finance? @alexxx

• other peeps: see realities + Add your name here too!

Decisions that the Kiez Burn community took in the past that are important for this tasks:

• No burn without Build Lead

• No burn without Strike Lead

• Burn and Strike Lead need to be two different people

• Both need teams of each minimum 5 volunteers

• Both leads need to have build experience

More details can be found in google drive over here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cb6hCNkW5vqFLGAscny7DjoYl49D2DrI?usp=sharing

BUILD IN DETAILS

Make a build plan

• What needs to be built?

• How many people do you need? 

• What material do you need?

• Which tools will you need?

• What is in storage? check inventory

• Do we need electricity during build?

What needs to be built?

• Volunteering kitchen (that’s really the first thing because you need to feed peeple asap)

• First aid station (brings their own tent but will need a handwashing station)

• Ranger station

• Table/wooden plank, maybe a bench, hooks and a Cork wall/ Whiteboard (something, where we can pin/hang up Paper)

• Needs electricity

• Small hut (aprox 1,5-2 x 2-2,5m) In storage there should be the wood we used last year (The Saloon actually built it) One of the walls was the tarp with the map of KB. Rangers will bring their own tent (aprox 2.5 x 2.5m)

• Needs around 3-4 committed hippies during half a day at least. Do you remember better, @Jan-Christian Kaspareit?

• Site lead station

• Arbeitsamt

• Signs

• Setting up toilets

• Support water set up

• Support electricity set up 

• Conduct safety assessment of the site and fix up (eg holes, pitfalls etc)

• Organize the lightning together with lightning lead

Other build team duties

• Rent the build van and drive the van to the site

• Get stuff out of storage

• Manage general storage

• Tidy up the site (usually we get a messy site and spend half a day cleaning up trash/ bottles/ wood etc)

• Molding if needed

• Fix up missed side works eg broken stairs etc

• Manage the toolhouse (renting Kiez Burn tools to Kieze during build)

• Renting tools from Baumarkt eg Power Oga

• Prepare a tool inventory and buy new tools (this is definitely a big task this year since we have mostly used private tools aka Waldo’s in the past)

• Budget for tools & van and work with finance

Everything strike related you find over here: https://talk.kiezburn.org/d/nQsCzX4y/strike-set-up-2021

Meetings

#1 Build - Event infrastructure Onboarding 02.06.2021

#2 Build -Event Infrastructure Follow up - pre Burning Spark

#3 Build - Event infrastructure meeting - Build plan layout draft add meeting notes join link 17.06.2021

P

Purzel Fri 4 Jun 2021 2:00PM

see above :)

P

Purzel Fri 4 Jun 2021 2:00PM

Security:

One tent on each entry preferably a bit cosy with a chair or something, since they are hanging out there the whole time.

I talked to them yesterday and they´ve been quite happy with last times set up.

First Aid:

They bring their own tent and set it up from us they will need a spot for parking next to their tent as they bring a fully equipped ambulance and about 16A of poweer supply. They´ll alos bring a camper to sleep in and on Van that might or might not be parked in the first aid area.

As they will be placed next to Fire Department I recomend 32A so they can share.

Fire Department:

Same as last time we would offer a tent, so they have a decent place to hang out.

Location for First Aid and Fire Department:

If the Grid is roughly the same as last time, I´d like them to be set up at the same position. It was central enough and quite handy that it was close to the main gate and Deine Mudder. I arranged a new pot for them with sie planning lead.

Location for Security:

They liked the spot from last time, as it was quite and cosy. This year they might bring a camper to sleep in.

F

Franzi Fri 4 Jun 2021 4:41PM

@Cairn (Clément) just tagging you here for placement and what @Purzel said. 👆🏻

C

Cris Wed 16 Jun 2021 12:39PM

@Myriam TheWanderer tagging you to take into account that 1sAid will need an ambulance parked on site = parking permit

C

Cris Wed 16 Jun 2021 12:46PM

👍 updated needs in the thread description

C

Cris Wed 16 Jun 2021 12:46PM

👍 updated needs in the thread description

NK

Natacha Kromatik Wed 16 Jun 2021 1:41PM

Hey Jessie, I haven't been building it, but heard most materials should be stored together to get rebuilt. Better to check during spark though! Unfortunately, I can't make it (sick) but it's definitely on the "to do during spark" for the build team.

SD

Sven Dudink Thu 17 Jun 2021 9:10AM

I don't have the prices yet, for now, he has sent me a picture, what do you guys think? they still need to be made pretty, I expect to have the prices in the next 2 days

CY

CJ Yetman Fri 25 Jun 2021 10:32AM

All the Site Lead stuff has already been transported to site... all in one box in the storage barn currently. Build team can bring it to site from storage whenever and just drop it somewhere reasonable and I'll set it up when I get there. The box is rain-proof-ish, so it can safely be left somewhere convenient.

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Fri 4 Jun 2021 9:28PM

@Sven Dudink you mentioned on your power thread that We might (or not) choose to transport some power build generators and cables from Berlin with a production van in order to save some budget. we could also transport this tent @CJ Yetman let's follow up after the build meeting and see if someone is up to take transport lead

Load More