talk.kiezburn.org
Tue 5 Jan 2021 7:09PM

Realities Setup 2021

VRS Veroca R. Sala Public Seen by 90

What is this Thread for?

This Thread is to get Realities 2021 up to date to enable Realizers to sign up ( for all those that wish to take on a responsibility in any pre-event / year-round task).

Find out more about "What is Realities"

To keep the ball rolling I'm gonna hang here the Realities Setup thread 2020 as a reference. There you might see all that was done last year to have Realities listing all the needs for the event to happen.

There are in that thread also, some detailed features requested to the Robot Ministry that wasn't finished. Perhaps who takes on this Need wants to push them forward ( or not)

Current Realities Link: https://realities.platoproject.org/kiezburn

Call Out:

I have done this last year and it is not my intention to do it again for 2021, however, I am keen to assist, help, and co-lead this with the Realities Realizer 2021. That is why I am writing this now...

• Ideally, someone from the Korg Team is Realizing this since these tasks offer a great overview of all the Needs while keeps track of which Needs are fulfilled.

What needs to be done so far?

We can recycle most of what is there already however there are some things that should be updated and followed up through the year 2021.

• Make sure all Realizers fields are empty and not with the previous Realizer's name. ( I might have done that already but this needs to be double-checked Need by Need). If Realizers for 2020 are still there, this means new Realizers will not be able to sign up. =(

• Make sure previous Realizers are added to the Guides field ( This is a list of the Realizers that signed up in 2020 even though we didn't have a Burn, we did have some Needs fulfilled )

• Make sure every Need has got its correspondent folder in the Kiez Burn Drive, linked on the dependencies ( all to be explained, you don't need to understand this at once). These folders will have to be created and are meant to be used for each Realizer to file any documentation/sheets etc. to avoid having information stored in personal drives.

• Add links to relevant Talk Threads if there were links missing.

• Check as we go if are there Needs of last year that are not Needed for 2021. Reach out and discuss.

What this role entitles along the year

• make sure the platform runs, if not, flag it to the Robot Ministry chat

• encourage Realizers to sign up and complete the descriptions of the Need they are fulfilling if necessary.

• Check Talk and be up to date if dependencies in between certain needs should be mapped or encourage Realizers to do so once they have taken on a Responsibility.

Realities is not perfect and it is not the responsibility of the Realities Set up Realizer to make it perfect but as accurate as possible.

Please if you take on this Need, feel free to make this thread more complete and write up here all Realities set up related information to have a source of documentation for the future. Also, you might want to change the title of this Thread by removing "call out".馃.

Update:

• The robot ministry added a description "About" Realities ( button). The text/content might need some polishing, if you have suggestions or think this could be done better, hit the comments and /or request changes by contacting the Robot Ministry.

Refining the tool

@Henrik 馃

• There is a feature request from the Realities team to be able to list the Needs on relevance orderplacing the Event Critical Needs on the top,  followed by the rest OR Create sub-groups within the needs ( Communication; Event Critical; On Site; Orga OR event critical, nice to haves. Depending on the complexity that this means to the Robot Ministry.

• Enable ( in Adm Mode) to move the needs & responsibilities up and down. ->

• We want to track the usage of Realities so we can see if we are reaching the people we want to reach.

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Sat 27 Feb 2021 8:56AM

hey peeps @Cris @CJ Yetman @Henrik 馃 @Diarmaid what do we do? I could do Monday as well, but I guess we need the two Ministers Henrik and Diarmaid but they dont match on the same day, order?

I'd like to block a timeslot for this asap cause I need to organize another couple of meetings next week too.

H

Henrik 馃 Fri 26 Feb 2021 7:04PM

Mon 1 Mar 2021 6:00PM
Tue 2 Mar 2021 6:00PM
Wed 3 Mar 2021 6:00PM

Sweet!

creating clear guidelines on WHAT is a Need and WHAT is a Responsibility

Exactly. The current data is pretty ambiguous when it comes to this. It ranges from Micro-Management (like "write this information onto that platform") to large areas or responsibilities ("communication with fire department"). While I like that people can choose whether to take on a bigger responsibility or a smaller task, it clutters the data and leads to confusion.

D

Diarmaid Fri 26 Feb 2021 10:21AM

I can't make Tuesday after all

H

Henrik 馃 Wed 24 Feb 2021 11:06AM

Sweet!

creating clear guidelines on WHAT is a Need and WHAT is a Responsibility

Exactly. The current data is pretty ambiguous when it comes to this. It ranges from Micro-Management (like "write this information onto that platform") to large areas or responsibilities ("communication with fire department"). While I like that people can choose whether to take on a bigger responsibility or a smaller task, it clutters the data and leads to confusion.

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Tue 23 Feb 2021 10:36AM

I have done a small guideline in the past. That is in the "what is Realities" thread find there also a pdf . The content in this pdf was posted in the "about" button in Realities Platform itself. We could improve this document of course, I personally think, content and wording should be as short and clear as possible.

AK

Poll Created Tue 23 Feb 2021 9:32AM

Setting up the new Realities - Reformatting brainstorm Closed Fri 26 Feb 2021 10:00PM

Outcome
by Alex Kaos Sat 27 Feb 2021 1:36PM

Excellent, we have a date.

I break the Wed/tues tie by being more free on Tuesday.

Bring your thinking hats, this is going to be a workshop to try and define the conditions by which we can make Realities effective and useful, which is it's primary function.

If we can get it to be simple and easy as well then we're really in for a win.

Fun would be the slam dunk victory!

Thanks for taking part x

So our new realities platform is up and running, and just needs to have all of our content put in.

Before we get stuck in though, I would like to run a short (60-90) min design thinking sprint, to reassess how we format the platform. I would propose to use Miro to formulate our thinking in a constructive and results-orientated manner:

Some thoughts are:

• Creating a priority list as Henrik and Vero mentioned earlier in this thread

• creating clear guidelines on WHAT is a Need and WHAT is a Responsibility.

• With this we could reformat the content that we have to make it much easier to navigate the platform with minimal info

• Consider moving any bulk text to a reference doc, so that only bare-bones information is available on Realities. This could make the platform much more pleasant and easy to use. Anyone interested in a specific role can follow the chain to a deeper resource (i.e. task list or protocols)

So whoever is interested in taking part in re-shaping the Realities platform slightly whilst we have this opportunity, let's get together and create a plan.

We should then only need one more afternoon session to copy and paste all of the info to Realities.

Results

UTC Votes C VRS CY D H
Mon  1 Mar 2021  6:00PM

Tue  2 Mar 2021  6:00PM

Wed  3 Mar 2021  6:00PM

5 of 6 people have participated (83%)

B

Bee Wed 10 Feb 2021 8:29PM

Heyo folks I will be one of the Realities Leads this year. :) Looking forward to the switch to the new system and being back online.

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Wed 27 Jan 2021 8:01PM

Lovely! keep me posted! thanks for reaching out to elders of Realities 鉂わ笍

H

Henrik 馃 Wed 27 Jan 2021 5:49PM

hey vero,

uhm...maybe I wasn't clear. you will be able to "create" these categories yourself, by simply changing the name of the need / responsibility.

I messaged Hugi that we want to switch to their new system. as soon as that is done (I'll let you know) the lists in realities will be sorted alphabetically, hence making it possible to categorize like you suggested.

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Mon 18 Jan 2021 10:43PM

Hey hey. Sounds good! Then we shall have 3 categories:

0 event critical

1 too big to fail

2 nice to have's

These 3 categories are sorted according with what the coordination team has decided. (I would link it here but im on my phone. I add the link later)

Now question is: will these categories have its corresponding title? E.g.

Critical needs <-- title

[ 0 critical: Feuerwehr]

[ 0 critical: toilets]

Non critical Needs <-- title

[ 1 Too big to fail: power]

[ 1 too big to fail: tickets]

Nice to haves <-- title

[ 2 Nice to haves: volunteer coordination]

[ 2 Nice to haves: Kieze Facilitation]

Am I making myself clear 馃槅 or actually have I understood what you meant?馃 or may be we just have a phone call.

Load More