talk.kiezburn.org
Mon 2 Mar 2020 2:50PM

Video Tutorials - Who wants to help?

AK Alex Kaos Public Seen by 151

What?

We wanna facilitate fun video tutorials where people can find some answers and/or feel motivated or inspired to participate at Kiez Burn

Why?

So one thing we've noticed in our organization of this magical event, is how many lines of text one needs to read in order to understand anything.

As someone who enjoys a little casual reading, and doesn't want to have that enjoyment crushed by Talk and Goggle Docs, I would love to see a playful and informative program for Video tutorials and information to be set up.

The goal:

• The goal is to create more engagement and participation from volunteers

• To offer better explanations/ approaches on more complex topics

To whom is this thread?

• If you know anything about video or are keen to be involved in other ways (i.e. cameraman, sound, performance, knowledge etc), please reach out here and let's see what we can make.

• if you have already a video project in the pipeline; keep on reading

Ideas & Suggestions

• My initial thought was to make a universal email address for the youtube channel and make the password available basically to anyone that asks.

• we could Use  "How we work together" as topic inspirations

• we could have, humans, puppets, drawings

• videos fun and bizarre

• Videos could give some light to this kind of thoughts;

- I would like to participate but I have no idea how to begin. I checked realities but I'm not clear how should I proceed afterward.

- I would like to participate but I don't know if this requires time I don't really have

- These guys seem to know a lot and they have great discussions, I don't see how could I be part of it.

-how could I volunteer remotely

• videos with a message of support from the community

•  Stories of participants that got involved for the first time

• Add more!

• here

Do we have any instructionals videos already?

yes we do have two, although these videos need to be put at the right time at the right place, so to be noticed

Account information

• account: video.kiezburn@gmail.com

• password: ask @waldo to share this with you through Lastpass

So we are up for a shooting

• we have got a camerwoman & video editor @Ashley DuPree 馃帀

• we have got topics and Ideas

if you would like to join, reach out on the comments and we will figure a date

if you can't come, or if you are up to make your own video at home but need some edition work afterward, reach out to @Ashley DuPree

What else do we need to make this happen?

• Puppets

• voices/participants/performers/drawing person/ whatever

• We would eventually need a primary coordinator, someone that manages the emails and is the contact person when someone wants the password to upload their videos on you tube. As well as potentially reviewing and assisting and cleaning the channel. Otherwise, I'm hoping to see this as decentralized as possible to minimize the workload.

The following video from Alex as an example to show how simple getting a camera and talking can be, it needs minimal preparation and follow-up, and involves less people.

All thoughts and feedback would be appreciated. Thank you kindly for your time.

AD

Ashley DuPree Thu 12 Mar 2020 6:40PM

Hey guys, was so nice with all of you today :)

I already started the edit, but wonder if someone can help me with deciding on some of the cuts. This is a raw, synced cut that we can use for reference, later I'll fine tune the color and audio levels. Can someone send me notes with time codes about which clips go where?

https://vimeo.com/397251669/f4ee179b84

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Sun 8 Mar 2020 10:14AM

@Otto wanna join?

C

Cris Fri 6 Mar 2020 4:34PM

Love this!

I could gerne give advice if needed and sporadically help with anything which has to do with animation, stop motion, sketching hand, puppets, "Legetrickfilm", shooting and cutting. My rudimentary equipment is enough, just the sound part is missing (@Ashley DuPree do you have a voice recorder?!)

The biggest limitation is time, because:

Rangers will be having its own set of videos (because we are just too cool for you guys 馃槑) which is already on the move! 馃帀 We want to make video tutorials (like, several!) for the rangers training, so this will keep up pretty busy.

Will be following up this thread!

W

walto Thu 5 Mar 2020 6:20PM

@Alexxx what do you think about this solution instead of making a separate account for videos on youtube? (which might be quite messy, with google often also complaining that it is a different IP address, asking to change the password etc.)

https://www.labnol.org/internet/youtube-uploader/29161/

it might require some help from the Robot Ministery. But it doesn't look so hard.

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Thu 5 Mar 2020 12:36PM

Sorry misunderstood. I was actually on the mindset of creating this as easy as possible without planning so much. Like to make it spontaneous and fun.

To allow organization its important to move info from the comments to the description of this thread so we have a better picture of what we have and what we need. Feel free to edit it. We are co creating!

I see you really have the resources to make it more professional with proper lighting and everything! I love it! 鉂わ笍...

Do you think we can get to plan this online? As for me im already in a lot of stuff. Got three meetings on a row over the weekend plus online stuff school work and life. I really wish to make of this videos something easy馃

Whatever you think we need to discuss or figure out you could add it in the description of this thread and we see if it actually requires us to meet up. No?

About people: by now is you, me and @Brenda de Boer i expect perhaps one or two more participants...hopefully

will work on some puppets on these days and some materials for the set up but of course bizarre and not fancy

You can also contact me +49 17675440286

Thanks!

AD

Ashley DuPree Thu 5 Mar 2020 11:42AM

@Veroca R. Sala I actually threw out those dates to plan a meeting with you and me (since we haven't met), plus any other crew who might help with the planning/shooting. I didn't intent to offer those as shoot days just yet. I think we should meet and make a plan (so I have time to gather any additional lighting/gear that might come up when we talk about all the ideas), then we organize a shoot.

(Also, I'm only available after 4pm on the 12th)

BDB

Brenda de Boer Thu 5 Mar 2020 9:54AM

Hello, my name is Brenda and I鈥檓 new myself in the Kiezburn community. Vero told me about this project and I am very excited to join!

hope to meet you guys soon! 馃槍

Brenda

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Wed 4 Mar 2020 10:22PM

@Alexxx I have updated this thread and organize it a bit to be more clear on how does this goes but OOPS your video has disappeared, would you put it back?

This thread is gonna be on the Newsletter too.鉂わ笍

AD

Ashley DuPree Wed 4 Mar 2020 12:31PM

@Veroca R. Sala Yes, I'm happy to do editing if people send me material.

@Alexxx was quite good on camera in the Burner Tech Mission video I made recently, so I imagine he might be willing to talk about some of these things on your list?

I can't recommend anyone else specifically, but also imagine if we just ask we would find plenty of people willing to come and share their experiences on camera, with puppets or otherwise.

Maybe we should start with a planning meeting though? I'm happy to host at my place and my schedule is quite flexible. I'm free next Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday (12-15th) just about anytime.

AD

Ashley DuPree Wed 4 Mar 2020 9:39AM

@Alexxx Yes, sure. I'm also happy to host a shoot at my flat in fhain. I have space and usually good light during the day. I would also be happy to work with @Veroca R. Sala in the director role so that I can concentrate on the technical parts. Maybe we can plan a meeting about all this next week? (I'm out of town this Friday until Wednesday)

Load More