Mon 18 Jan 2021 5:45PM

Working Thread - Mapping Critical Paths

B Bee Public Seen by 59

This is a timeline which should be completed by KORG members, acts as a guide for Realizers for recommended or necessary deadlines.

More specific Timeline:




Confirmation of Event Date


#1 Newsletter(?) date + realizer meeting invitation


❤️Realizer Recruitment Evening


#2 Newsletter

Covid-19 Hygiene Concept Draft


Opening of Kieze Registration


Opening of the site planning map

If necessary - 30.3.21

❤️ Realizer Recruitment Evening


Dreams Submission Start +   #3 Newsletter Dreams launch


Kieze Leads Meeting


#4 Newsletter

?? June/July

Tofu on Fire


#5 Newsletter ! Hygiene Concept

?? Confirm with ticketing

Ticket sale & Dreams Voting starts

Right upon tickets sale

Volunteers Signup starts


#6 Newsletter


Dreams submission Period ends

3 weeks before the event (for site planning)

Kieze Registration Period ends

#7 Newsletter

2 weeks before event

Dreams voting Period ends

Communicate dreams budgets to dreamers

#8 Newsletter

General Assembly

#9 Newsletter

before the Build period starts

Volunteer Sign up ends

Early Crew Kiez Burn build starts


#10 Newsletter


Build Starts

11.8.21 - 15.08.21

Kiez Burn


Strike/tear-down ends


Veroca R. Sala Mon 15 Feb 2021 8:59AM

Cool ! Would you add your estimated dates here? What is there i think is not so accurate🤓


Franzi Fri 26 Feb 2021 9:49AM

WOW!!! This is absolutely excelllllllllllent. Love it. And yes, nothing to add.


Bee Mon 25 Jan 2021 9:33AM

This can be in the planning group yes but for now was a working thread so thought we could add our stuff before presenting it at the meeting. :D


Bee Mon 25 Jan 2021 3:25PM

Yeah I think last year it was even shorter of a time period but yes totally agree with you on this. :D


Owl Thu 11 Feb 2021 3:46PM

I think this might basically couple permit and ticket sales very close to each other, since the insurance normally has around 2 weeks for payment (maybe more can be negotiated). On the other side the permit is even more important for the event, so maybe we can work again with such a letter from the insurance broker? I'll have to check if there is normally a cancellation policy on the insurance, but I'm not sure. In such a case I would like to have the permit first, and then the insurance contract signed. @Jan Thomas that letter worked last time to get the event permit, do you think that is a general procedure or an exception?


Franzi Thu 11 Feb 2021 12:06PM

will do!


Franzi Thu 11 Feb 2021 12:07PM

Yeah agreed with @Cris 2 weeks seems way too short to realize your dream, knowing you just got funding. @waldo as an ex-dreamer, whats your thoughts?


Cris Mon 15 Feb 2021 4:16PM

Super nice, thank you, Vero!! I added that Timeline to the description.


Owl Thu 11 Feb 2021 9:36PM

Shall I wait with the request to the insurance broker until those first steps?


Jan Thomas Thu 11 Feb 2021 9:40PM

no need to wait I'd say, kick it off whenever it suits you Holger :-)


Veroca R. Sala Sun 14 Feb 2021 11:52AM


CJ Yetman Wed 24 Mar 2021 8:20AM

"Opening of Kieze Registration" and "Opening of the site planning map" clearly did not or will not happen on those dates.


Owl Thu 11 Feb 2021 3:20PM

I'll start insurance negotiations in the next days, since the date is now fixed, and numbers of people are not expected to be higher than last time (and the rest is probably also comparable, at least not higher than in the past, right?). In the past it had to be finished (roughly) before for getting the permit, or at least negotiated far enough so the insurance broker offered some letter of intent for the permit.


Franzi Thu 11 Feb 2021 3:22PM

yeah would be good to reflect this accordingly in the critical path :) since this is absolutely event critical


Owl Thu 11 Feb 2021 3:25PM

Yes! Thanks for reminding, last time the dependency from insurance to permit showed up unexpected and urgent, and over two years I nearly had forgotten it ...


Jan Thomas Thu 11 Feb 2021 4:25PM

The flow with the Amt was that once we register the event, we get a tentative permit and we have to provide a bunch of things in order for this permit to become valid. That's the stage where we'll need the letter from the insurance. In past years this was typically 2ish months before the event - this year might be different as we'll likely have a somewhat different flow with the Amt as no-one knows whether or for how many people we'll be allowed until just before. We will be doing the first step with the Amt over the next couple of weeks and update then regarding timeline and what will be needed by then!


Veroca R. Sala Sat 13 Feb 2021 8:20AM

Thanks, Franzi, for sure really important points. I think this timeline format will not serve to add up all these things as they are very much overlapping. I have some time next week and will work on a different format so we can be more precise on these points, when ready I'll hang it here. Thanks for your input❤️


Sven Dudink Tue 29 Jun 2021 6:38AM

According to timeline build starts on thursday 5.8 ? is this correct?


Veroca R. Sala Wed 24 Mar 2021 8:14AM

@CJ Yetman about updating the timeline, I answer here so as to not mess up the other tread =)

I am to update the General Timeline, the idea was that we put the ideal dates in green, and then I would color the actual dates in dark green when things happen out of the settled timeframe, Im not sure what has actually happened lately... as far as I know all related-to-contracts-signing stuff hasn't happened.

  • just added the covid safety has been presented to the Korg this week

  • Sound guidelines are still not ready as far as I know

  • the size of the event wasn't really decided yet (or am I mistaking?)

Which other things have happened that I am missing?

What its reality is that we were quite off date with all Needs I think...anyways things might change now...


Franzi Thu 11 Feb 2021 3:16PM

@Bee hey dear :) as I am typing this becomes a bit of a loooong answer. I try to make it as structured as possible and just add the open questions I have looking at the timeline. I really look at it only from a legal/ health & safety/ site liaison perspective, since this are my strengths :)

I guess what I am missing is the whole legal/insurance/safety timeline.

  1. When do we talk to the Amt? When do we hand in the request to get an event permission (for that we will most likely already need a hygiene concept ) By when do we need the permission? (since the permission triggers requirements that are important for planning and budget like: toilets, security etc).

  2. The security protocols need re-writing/updating (especially after the learnings from 2019)? By when will that be done? By when will the board review them (you folks would wanna review them since you will be liable for them)? By when will we onboard Rangers, Welfare, Firemarshalls etc?

  3. When do we book firemarshalls?

  4. When do we book toilets (early enough so we get a good provider but not too early so we can cancel without a fee in case of no event)? When do we book security (same budget implications)?

  5. When do we book first aid? (historically speaking this and security need to be booked asap [meaning should have been booked ideally already in December] - especially now that we moved into "high season". Thats been a huge drama the last years.)

  6. When do we book the event insurance? (which need to be paid, so we need money from tickets first)

  7. Ticket sale probably needs to start much earlier since you ll need the money to the pay da billz :) but also not too early in case the event has to be cancelled.

  8. When does Freiland hand over the Gelaende to us and in which shape? (this has been a problem in the past)

  9. When do we hand back the Gelaende?

Thats all I can think of for now :) Hope that helps and its not too many details. Happy to provide more input if there is something not clear.

PS: I looooooooooove that we have a critical path now. so cool <3


Bee Wed 10 Feb 2021 9:14PM

@Franzi would you please mind giving your opinion on the rough draft here I have estimated for timings/dates...? Would like to present this at the Realizer's meeting and I'm pretty sure you were the mastermind behind critical paths before.


Cris Tue 19 Jan 2021 11:07AM

I know this year's gonna let us practice spontaneity a lot, and more so at this stage we're now, but mental note for the future: based on what was criticized about last years, Dreams voting period should end early enough so the dreamers can realize their projects. No clue how much that would be, but surely more than 2 weeks, I guess.


Veroca R. Sala Mon 18 Jan 2021 9:09PM

Cool Thanks, bee! I added volunteers sign up starts & ends + added one newsletter before the realizers recruitment and a second realizers meeting. We still have the original timeline you made. sorry, i made these changes myself without consulting =/

Just a small note about the privacy of this thread, can't this be in the Planning group? 🤓