Liaise with

Toilets provider Liaison

@Jack

@Jan Thomas and @Kate (site liaisions)

Provider: Finizio (Johannes) johannes.hoelzel@finizio.de

arrange transport + drop off + pick ups

@Jack

Build crew? or with site if freiland has toilets

capacity, amount of toilets & supplies (toilet paper needs etc)

@Jack

Coordination and training Kieze / Scheißmeister how to manage the eco toilets

@Dan de Lion!

see Volunteer spreadsheet

Coordination with site planning+placement, water & LNT

@Erez

Site Planning Realizer: @Cairn (Clément)

Comms with Finance lead regarding deposit etc.

@Jack

schatzmeister: Alex (Lord of Fire) @Professor Kaos

current situation summarized

(including updates / input the 💩 whatsapp and telegram groups)

• 💩 Freiland installed 10 compost toilets, mostly in groups of 3. They come with 2 urinals each on one side and a hand washing station on the other. They are self built and can be moved.

• Finizio has cancelled on us last-minute which is really 💩!

• @Jack tried with 4 other providers so far but no luck

• Goldeimer - not doing festivals this year

• Ökoje - festival too far away

• Ökolocus - no answer yet, decision still pending

• Nowato - cannot provide toilets for rent but we could purchase them for 1250€ per unit plus delivery (exceeds budget)

• need to make sure we have enough (and also enough tanks)

• need an extra toilet for first aid

• 20 toilets in total suggested for KB2021?

Placement:

• for Freiland shit boxes – get in touch directly with Ponk/Eric from Freiland (via @Annette @Kate), they can move their toilets to whatever spot we need them

• place one toilet and handwashing station next to the first aid tent. It's a request from first aid to maintain Hygiene standards (questions? @Purzel)

How do Freiland toilets work?

The solid waste goes into a big regular wheelie rubbish bin that is exchanged when full. The liquid waste flows through pipes from the urinal and the bottom of the wheelie bin into a barrel that is located lower in the ground (gravity). the barrel has a pump at the bottom to pump out the fluid into a big 1000L IBC container.

Open points

• Pussoirs (Pissoirs for pussy owners) - conduct poll to see if there is interest

• if yes, need to liaise with build crew

• hold shit fundraiser?

• Liaise with Covid /LNT @Friso Teams (and Kieze) regarding hand washing stations

• Determine and communicate exact training date with kieze scheissmeister (Dan)

• Possibly signage on how to use the toilets

Related threads

Urinals poll

Hygiene concept for toilets thread

Communication with eco-toilets provider thread

Past experiences

previous realizer (@Andreas Noack / Wasserprinz) in this document

most important 2019 info / Feedback:

• 14 eco toilets (7 for build and an additional 7 on tuesday before the event started) were rented. total cost: 3250 Euro everything included.

• need way more capacity in 2021. In 2019, it all spilled over and some had to dig their own poop holes. 100 x 100 Liter tanks just wasn't enough

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Tue 29 Jun 2021 9:14PM

Yay!!! loved it! Thanks for doing all that, is really important!❤️Make this thread yours, we are all here walking the shitty path by your side.

😆

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Tue 29 Jun 2021 9:18PM

tagged the LNT lead on the thread ( Friso)

J

Jack Tue 29 Jun 2021 9:58PM

@Bee and @Veroca R. Sala I invited you to the poll I created for this. please let me know what you think and if its ok lets send it out (maybe in the next newsletter?)

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Tue 29 Jun 2021 11:09PM

Thanks Jack! very exciting to see all this bowel movement lol!

From the documentation perspective:

I understand this is the Parent thread of toilets, It would be resourceful to link the following toilet-related threads:

Urinals poll

Hygiene concept for toilets thread

Communication with eco-toilets provider thread

👌Keep updating this very thread. It's always easier in the future to come back to one thread with all in it. Polls can be made in the comments too and you could get to share the link to the comment itself so people can vote and then update the results in the thread. Reach out for more tricks and tips about Talk ( i am the annoying Talk mutti here).

Here I give you a big reason not to open many threads:

We like to give opinions and drop important pieces of info in random comments, as much as we try to avoid that! the more space you give us to talk, the more we will spread on talk...lol.

You could collect meaningful information from the comments,to have a shiny complete and updated thread🤓 all-in-one🎉

Thanks for taking the lead and for doing all this! it really means a lot. Also thank you for reading this 😆

AND YES, urinal sounds good! lets see what the community thinks no?

J

Jack Thu 1 Jul 2021 9:17PM

@Bee regarding the total number of toilets (regardless of how many we can use from freiland or not) should we go with 20 then? Or should I speak to the placement leads or other decision makers first?

I’m just a bit worried of reserving with the supplier too late so I think I should get in touch with him rather soon than later, no?

also, do I remember correctly you saying that we have got a small pool of tickets (or better said the chance to purchase one), ie one for the finizio contact person?

J

Jack Tue 6 Jul 2021 6:09PM

Hello Kiezburn community! @Tatjana Viaplana asked whether we will have female pissoirs on site this year. Here is the poll, please have your say! Please note you will have to join this group on talk if you would like to participate in the voting:

https://talk.kiezburn.org/p/K4I8pvcx/would-you-like-kb21-to-have-female-urinals-women-pissoirs-

S

Stevie Mon 12 Jul 2021 9:20AM

Hello, I am a non-binary person and really don’t like the thought of toilets for pussy having people called “women’s pissoirs” or “lady’s toilets” - it does not make me feel welcomed or seen as a non-binary person and is even slightly offensive. As well there are trans men who have pussies. Please be considerate of differently identifying people.

I’m at a festival now and they call them “The Pussoir” which I find classy and inclusive, and they also have a “red tent” area which I also find classy and inclusive.

I would appreciate these things being incorporated and considered. Thanks!

A

Alina Mon 12 Jul 2021 9:47PM

Hey guys:) Thank you for all your amazing effort! I was wondering when we will find out which and how many toilets each Kiez has to take care about?
Last year the shifts didn't work to well so this year I'm already trying to cover the shifts before the burn starts. This information would help a lot in coordinating the effort we have to spend.

AK

Alex Kaos Sat 17 Jul 2021 11:34AM

Hi Awesome Sheißmeister team. @Jack @Dan de Lion! @Erez

I can't find the cost for the proposal for the Pussoirs? If you're within your total 5000€ budget with them then you can ignore me. But if the decision requires some approval from Finance I'd like a heads up.

(I only ask because there was an option on the poll of "Bring them no matter the cost"..... which obviously has it's limitations 😉 )

J

Jack Wed 21 Jul 2021 8:55PM

Hi Team toilet, @Dan de Lion! @Erez and everyone else involved in the toilet fun!

So I got some bad news, see update in thread. Finizio cancelled on us last minute, which is really 💩 . I have tried 4 other providers but no one is able to rent on such short notice. I still got 2 more I will try but I just want to raise the topic here. Trying to buy the extra 5-10 we need seems out of the question if it blows the budget so much, right? @Professor Kaos on the other hand it would be an investment and they look even better than the Freiland ones...
The two options I can think of are

• trying to build them ourselves (maybe 5)

• rent some chemical ones so we meet the Amt requirements ("last resort")

If anyone has any alternative ideas or knows someone please let us know because its a tricky situation with so short notice! Also @Bee @Andreas Noack @Veroca R. Sala @Kate @Jan Thomas

Load More