talk.kiezburn.org
Thu 24 Jun 2021 10:25AM

PROPOSAL: Swimming pools instead of swimming in the lake

SD Sven Dudink Public Seen by 196

i would like to propose the use of swimming pools around kiezes

this idea has not been born from the fact we cant swim in the lake, this proposal has been born from a safety perspective,
the feuerwehr requires us to have a minimum of 1000Liters of water around each camp, more is always better
when there are no unexpected fires, this water will be unused and thrown out,
so i was thinking, how can we still do something useful with this water, and swimmingpools seem to be a good solution for this,

My proposal:

• Camps can bring their swimmingpool, ofcourse this will not be mandetory, if they dont bring a swimmingpool they get a cube provided by freiland (not for drinking water)

• Camps need to register their swimmingpool before XX.XX.XXXX and it needs to be at least 1500 Liter Capacity (some might evaporate or splash out)

• Water team will fill this swimmingpool for them

Issues to overcome:

• Where to dump the water afterwards (is an issue regardless of using swimming pool or mandatory water cubes)

• Water gets dirty, chlorine cant be disposed in the nature, but there are clean pumps, don't know if this is enough to keep the water fresh for 4 days,

who is affected by this:

Covid-team @Hanna-Maija (Animal) can we have swimming pools at all?
fire-Safety @Purzel does the feuerwehr allow pumping from swimmingpool?

CY

CJ Yetman Wed 14 Jul 2021 9:33PM

I think that’s what the suggestions of using bio-chlorine or salt were for… to keep the water “clean”.

SD

Sven Dudink Thu 15 Jul 2021 7:51AM

actually to my understanding, the pump is there to clean bigger particles, such as sand, dust and so on, it doesnt seems to fully stop algea and bacteria growth,

for that the biodegradable pool desinfectant might be a good solution

for cleaning the pool there might be another way, i grabbed this from the internet and i would like to have this fact checked and calculated well, tabwater itself smetimes already contains a small amount of chlorine, and chlorine dissipates quick, so putting chlorine in the beginning of the week should cover the swimming pool for some days, and when the swimmingpools are left alone over strike all chlorine should have bin dissipated, again, i don't have the tools or understanding of how quick the chlorine should be dissipating, so before going for this solution someone with the right understanding should take a look into this

C

Cris Fri 16 Jul 2021 10:01AM

I didn't want to get very involved in this topic, because I don't have real professional feedback, nor much bandwidth.

My guts tell me that hippies could potentially die in every bit of grass, glass of water, or 15cm high step, but they tend not to. So I don't see a real danger in the pools, personally. Anyway, no hard opinion here, I trust you, Leute.

C

Cris Fri 16 Jul 2021 9:57AM

if pepper, then also some "gebratene" onions, carrots and paprika. Olive oil, of course garlic, 30 min slow fire, and call the cook on shift.

SD

Sven Dudink Fri 16 Jul 2021 10:20AM

in that case we might have to reconsider the material of the swimming pools, I'm not sure if PVC is heat resistant enough for this method

CY

CJ Yetman Fri 16 Jul 2021 10:24AM

M

Mareike Mon 19 Jul 2021 7:34PM

Id say yes to pools (up to 70cm high). Camps need to put up a sign saying: 1. max. nr of people 2. using at own risk 3. don't use when under the influence. Put a tarp over it during the night (and when not used - might keep it a little cleaner also). Put some lights next to it so nobody stumbles in. thats just my personal opinion, the Board will vote on and communicate a final decision asap

SD

Sven Dudink Thu 22 Jul 2021 6:11PM

Cool, just curious about the Max 2 people at a time, is this a covid rule? or is this because of safety

AK

Alex Kaos Thu 22 Jul 2021 6:16PM

Yes let's say Covid! And safety! All of the above!

L

Lise Mon 26 Jul 2021 2:34PM

Cool that this has been sorted! Can we have a final word on water supply (will Water team fill the pools?) and water disposal (what kind of water is going into the pools, does it contain chlorine? --> can we pour the water into the shrubs or not)? Thaaanks !

Load More