talk.kiezburn.org
Thu 24 Jun 2021 10:25AM

PROPOSAL: Swimming pools instead of swimming in the lake

SD Sven Dudink Public Seen by 196

i would like to propose the use of swimming pools around kiezes

this idea has not been born from the fact we cant swim in the lake, this proposal has been born from a safety perspective,
the feuerwehr requires us to have a minimum of 1000Liters of water around each camp, more is always better
when there are no unexpected fires, this water will be unused and thrown out,
so i was thinking, how can we still do something useful with this water, and swimmingpools seem to be a good solution for this,

My proposal:

• Camps can bring their swimmingpool, ofcourse this will not be mandetory, if they dont bring a swimmingpool they get a cube provided by freiland (not for drinking water)

• Camps need to register their swimmingpool before XX.XX.XXXX and it needs to be at least 1500 Liter Capacity (some might evaporate or splash out)

• Water team will fill this swimmingpool for them

Issues to overcome:

• Where to dump the water afterwards (is an issue regardless of using swimming pool or mandatory water cubes)

• Water gets dirty, chlorine cant be disposed in the nature, but there are clean pumps, don't know if this is enough to keep the water fresh for 4 days,

who is affected by this:

Covid-team @Hanna-Maija (Animal) can we have swimming pools at all?
fire-Safety @Purzel does the feuerwehr allow pumping from swimmingpool?

SD

Sven Dudink Thu 24 Jun 2021 11:18AM

We are connected to the water net, i talked with the aquarius realizer last year, and 1000Liter takes around 30 min, which puts the waterflow around 33L min, the water price today at Mecklenburg vollpomern is 1,66 euro per M³

Renting pumps and hoses, especially on such long distances will almost certainly surpass the costs of using clean water where we have hoses available for

SD

Sven Dudink Wed 14 Jul 2021 12:30PM

Hi @Erin Jeavons-Fellows, thanks for reaching out and posting your concerns, the part about the lake is from my side very easy, I did not put a clear title in my proposal, it should have been replacing fire safety cubes with swimming pools, I would like to create this regardless of the lake,

the pool suggested here is huge, the need from the fire department is 1000 liters, these swimming pools have a capacity of 6500Liter, so even filling them up to 12 centimeters is technically enough,

none of the less, your concern about people passing out is something I did not think about, and I'm happy you bring it up, when someone passes out, I think water depth means very little, anything enough to reach the mouth when laying is a potential drowning danger, this includes wading pools,

I have no idea how big this risk is, maybe we should obligate camps to put a sign from when to when using the pool, a warning not to be alone, or warning not to consume alcohol/substances, I am not sure if anyone would listen to those signs. I find this hard to really give a right answer, because I don't know certain data, I know if a pool is deep enough, drowning from passing out, cramps or exhaustion are a serious risk.

With 76 centimeter, I don't know how big these risks are so the same for me counts, I can only give an unprofessional opinion, and that would be safety first in this case, so it would be great to have input from someone with professional experience, maybe a lifeguard or medical has a better understanding of that? @Purzel would you have some input?

P

Purzel Fri 25 Jun 2021 9:18PM

They have used this System with the water cubes already.

I reckon if the water stays Bio degradable we will do that area a favor if we dumb the water on site. Given the dryness of the area.

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Fri 25 Jun 2021 10:41PM

So people should still care about sunscreen. Thinking we should just openly encourage all burners to use bio sunscreen in the survival guide and comms

SD

Sven Dudink Fri 25 Jun 2021 3:11PM

i will even come and fill it for you :D so yes please

C

Cris Sun 27 Jun 2021 9:47AM

Correct: No salt in the water! At all!!

Boooh, salt bad!

SD

Sven Dudink Sun 27 Jun 2021 10:17AM

Pepper maybe ? (Might not be great for eyes and bathingsuit area) 😜

EJ

Erin Jeavons-Fellows Wed 14 Jul 2021 10:56AM

Seems i miscalculated, its not 1.2m. its 76 cms which is better. My concerns still stand :(

CY

CJ Yetman Wed 14 Jul 2021 9:33PM

I think that’s what the suggestions of using bio-chlorine or salt were for… to keep the water “clean”.

Load More