talk.kiezburn.org

Power for Kiez Burn 2022

SE Sven E Public Seen by 17

Mission:

Power to the people

Power for Kiez Burn 2022

Mission status:

hopeful

Hey, my name is Sven and I´m leading the mighty power rangers to bring electricity to Kiez Burn this year.

Unfortunately, this year we will have to pay more for electricity, otherwise I do not expect any major changes from last year. Even though recent construction work the campground has been expanded and we also expect more guests.

Power Kiez Burn 2021

-          3 big generators for the event (area is quite large)

-          2 small generators for Build & Strike (1 mobile and 1 for volunteers kitchen)

-          All generators and cables were transported by the provider, except the last small generator, which was brought back by us

-          The cost for power were covered about half by the camps and half by the organization

-          Prize for Kieze was 70€ per Kilowatt

-          Power Bill was around 10000€ and looked like this:

o   3 big generators: 1650€

o   Fuel tanks: 936€

o   Transport of big generators / fuel and connecting of fuel tanks: 1332€

o   Cables / bridges / power distributor: 4155,37€ * also cables for lights are included

o   Fuel (1200 liter): 936€

o   2 small generators: 200€

o   Transport of cables / small generators: 800€

*All these numbers came from the last year offer of our contributor, maybe the final price was a little bit different

I already have offers of our power provider for this year. I´m just waiting for the offers for synthetic fuel and a CO2 certificate to balance our co2 emissions. Maybe we want to use, maybe not. Depends on the price and how good is it.

Solar Power was a topic for us. But the costs to go 100% solar power would be triples and we would need much place for the solar modules.

Then there was a chance to replace one big generator with a battery and a smaller solar power plant. But the battery was quite small, which could lead to a problem at night and on our date the system was also already booked out.

Another option was to install three batteries and use the generators to recharge them. So we would need much less fuel because the generators were not running idle. Unfortunately, this way would cost us nearly 9000€ more then to go with the generators solo. Because of the rent/transport of the batteries.

Power proposal 2022

-          Also 3 generators for Kiez Burn power, maybe some more cables

-          Also 2 small generators for build / volunteer kitchen

Maybe we can transport the small generators and cables to save the costs

Power costs 2022

Right now, I calculate the costs about 12000€

The big generators are more expensive (2250€), transport (1520€ + 1220€), but mostly the fuel (1800€)

The fuel price depends of the daily market prices and is changing quite much right now.

Price of Kieze

I am aiming for 90€ per Kilowatt.

The price the price may change if the number of Kieze change (more Kieze the price might drop) or the price of the fuel may change significantly. Or the transport costs will be reduced significantly.

The power budget of the Kiez Burn orga is fixed and my reference.

Request Power for Kieze & Dreams HERE

Power Guideline 2022

Ifyou have questions you can ask them here or in the power channel of our Discord server.

I must say I have copied here and there from last year. In some way Sven Galaxy was my mentor there ;P

H

Helene Tue 24 May 2022 9:24AM

Hey Sven,

Danke für all die Infos!

Ich bin zum ersten Mal Power Lead fürs Monkey Camp und versuche mir gerade einen Überblick zu verschaffen und nichts wichtiges zu verpeilen :P

Bei ein paar Fragen kannst du mir vielleicht behilflich sein.

Ich bin mir unsicher, wie viel kw für uns sinnvoll ist, zu bestellen... letztes Jahr hatten wir mit 3 kw wohl zu viel. Wie hoch unser Verbrauch aber wirklich war, weiß ich nicht. Weißt du, ob ich unsere konkrete Verbrauchszahl vom letzten Jahr irgendwo herbekommen kann?

Und gibt es eine Deadline bis wann ich unseren Strombedarf eingetragen haben muss?

Außerdem machen wir auch das Gate - da war es beim letzten Mal so, dass uns der Strom bis zum Gate gelegt wurde und unser Monkeycamp Powerlead damit quasi nichts zu tun hatte. Ist das dieses Jahr wieder so?

Ich dank dir schon mal und schicke ganz ganz liebe Grüße! <3

Helene

H

Helene Tue 24 May 2022 12:10PM

Oh und noch eine Frage, die mir gerade gestellt wurde - ab wann gibt es beim Build Power?

SE

Sven E Tue 24 May 2022 9:41PM

Hallihallo Helene :)

Mh, auf 3kw kommt man schnell. Allein schon wenn ihr mit Strom kocht, so ne Kochplatte hat ja auch mal eben schnell 2500W (2,5kw).

Die meisten Kosten haben wir durch die Infrastruktur und nicht durch den tatsächlich verbrauchten Strom. Daher bezahlen die Kieze nicht für den verbrauchten Strom, also (kwh), sondern bis wieviel Strom ihre Geräte ziehen/verbrauchen (W / kW).

Im Endeffekt ist normalerweise bei den Geräten immer ein Typenschild dran, wo drauf steht wieviel Strom es verbraucht. Einfach den Stromverbrauch der Geräte zusammen zählen u der Drops ist gelutscht ;)
Also vom Kühlschrank, kochen, Licht, Sound, Ladegeräte etc.

Deadline? Gibts grade noch nicht. Momentan warte ich noch darauf das alle Kiez platziert wurden u dann fängt unsere Arbeit mit der ausführlichen Planung an. Würde grad sagen Ende nächster Woche wär schön.

Ja, wir kümmern uns natürlich darum Strom zum Gate zu bringen :)

Build Power: Die volunteer Küche u das build team wird ab dem Samstag Strom durch zwei kleine Generatoren zur Verfügung haben.
Die Kieze bekommen spätestens ab dem Soundcheck am Mittwoch Strom.

Viel Erfolg bei der Planung & Aufbau u bis bald!
Alles Liebe <3
Sven

H

Helene Sat 28 May 2022 11:31AM

Danke für deine schnellen Antworten lieber Sven! Ich wünsche dir auch ganz viel Erfolg und Spaß bei den Planungen! :)