Fri 27 Aug 2021 8:42AM

2021 Burn Night 📍 Location (found)

P Purzel Public Seen by 55

Meetings

Lead roles

Covid-19

Volunteers

Tickets

Welcome! We are using this thread to organize the search and finding of a blast location for our Decom aka Kiez Burn Night 2021. Let us know if you have any bright ideas or good contacts.

Update: the location scouting & decom orga team decided for Birgit & Bier, 27 November. We can do presale!

👉 If you are interested in helping with some tasks before the event or would like to take on a Realizer role, sign up here.

👉 If you want to get in touch with us quickly, join the Telegram group for location scouting – Talk is still here to keep all the important updates and discussions going.

Here is our location scouting sheet.

Realizers:

@Clara White (realizer), supoort: @David Briggs @Lis @Agata

INFO

Schallplatte

• Address: Georg-Knorr-Straße 4
    12681 Berlin

• €€:

• Liaison: team needed to scout the location – possible dates late september / early october

Warehouse

• Address:

• €€:

• Liaison: byob, no heating?

Brache 09

• Address: An der Wuhlheide 239, Schöneweide – mostly outdoors

• €€:

• Liaison: no loud music after 10 pm, lots of workshop tents, can host 1000-1500 ppl, they have heard of us, byob might be possible

Orwohaus

• Address:

• €€:

• Liaison: currently max. 300 ppl

Monopol

• Address:

• €€:

• Liaison: strict sound restriction, no parties after 10pm

hearing berlin

• Address:

• €€:

• Liaison:

Anomalie

• Address:

• €€:

• Liaison: with our own bar & security (?), contract asap, we don't want to work together anymore

Haselhorst13 (H13)

• Address:

• €€:

• Liaison: not available in 2021, more fun for outdoor events

Birgit & Bier

• Address:

• €€:

• Liaison: no byob possible, they've hosted two KB events

More venue options (outside + inside)

• MaHalla

• Mensch Meier | contact: @Martin K

• Jonny Knüppel | contact: @Martin K – not possible

• about:blank | contact: @Martin K

• La Boom | contact: @johannes.kloeppnergooglemail.com

• Rummelsbucht (there are rumors that they're still playing music outside...) - Probably not possible to book any free slot there. Asked for Kiez Burn spot possibilies months ago. We not famous enuff for dat. :D

• Alte Boerse Marzahn – ?

Alternatives

• Tempelhofer Feld

• Zoom

• Home Decom

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Fri 27 Aug 2021 2:23PM

Pasting comments from the other decom thread tagging @Saskia (The Fuzzy Facilitator) @Kate for their information and to continue conversations here if possible. ❤️

thanks!!!

J

johannes Fri 27 Aug 2021 3:08PM

I post the first offer we got last year ago before corona shut down any other reason to talk about better offer for a warehouse which was quite a nice location, which is still available from what i heard. They also told me they renovated quite a bit since them from what my contact told me. This is for the whole space, we could also rent less(at least last year) and pay less if we think we do not more than thousand people because corona for example.

What is not included which we would need this time would be heating. Last year plan was to have it a bit more during summer. If we would do it in two month it would probably to cold to do it without it.

This would be for a byob event, where we also would have all of the ticket income. If we would get bar from them it would be also cheaper.

J

johannes Fri 27 Aug 2021 3:09PM

And this is second location they send me when i asked what new places they got. I did not check this one out yet.

K

Kaliope Fri 3 Sep 2021 3:09PM

Do we already have a scouting crew to check out Schallplatte, @Saskia (The Fuzzy Facilitator)? They are hosting an event tomorrow (Saturday 4th) and invited us: https://www.facebook.com/events/503189897439451/ This would be a good opportunity before Monday, and there will also be a Firespace :)

@johannes.kloeppner@googlemail.com @Erin Jeavons-Fellows @Martin K @Roko @Purzel @Diarmaid @Kris @Jessie

M

MaxXxiM Mon 6 Sep 2021 6:43PM

Possible Location:
ORWOhaus e.V.

edit****

I contacted them and atm they only allow 300 people 😯

**So, it's out**

Ø

Øystein Mon 6 Sep 2021 7:57PM

I'm in contact with "hearing berlin", they have amazing location 1.5km north of alexanderplatz/burner embassy. I've requested an offer and i'm waiting for a price back. option would be 800 people capacity on the 15th of October. But there isn't really an outside space, so would have to press really hard on that "cultural event" to get to go by 3g and not 2g.

DB

David Briggs Tue 7 Sep 2021 3:17PM

I'm up for some location scouting this week. I work until 18:00 but my evenings and weekends are free. Maybe we could start with Schalplatte, Warehouse, and Orwohouse? It sounds like all of those locations might be better in warm weather, so it seems to me that we should be able to quickly rule them out after a short visit. Or perhaps we can even split up and go to them all separately. What do you think @Lis and @Agata and Clara?

P

Purzel Tue 7 Sep 2021 7:14PM

I'll check with them if they are fine with their conta t being passed on and get back to you on telegram 👍 contact exchanged

K

Kaliope Tue 7 Sep 2021 6:47PM

Thank you for pushing this forward 🤞I created a Telegram group so you folks can coordinate the scouting better – and because our location lead is not on Telegram yet. I hope this makes things easier. Join here: https://t.me/joinchat/ERF9fTAX9eUyZjVi
@johannes @Lis @Agata @David Briggs

P

Purzel Fri 3 Sep 2021 7:29PM

Im currently working in a really nice venue and they would be interested to work with us, workshop spaces and enough space for 1000 people, downside is that music needs to be off by 2200.

They are really kink, quer, rave and sex friendly.

Would that still be interesting for us?

Load More