talk.kiezburn.org
Mon 2 Mar 2020 2:50PM

Video Tutorials - Who wants to help?

AK Alex Kaos Public Seen by 151

What?

We wanna facilitate fun video tutorials where people can find some answers and/or feel motivated or inspired to participate at Kiez Burn

Why?

So one thing we've noticed in our organization of this magical event, is how many lines of text one needs to read in order to understand anything.

As someone who enjoys a little casual reading, and doesn't want to have that enjoyment crushed by Talk and Goggle Docs, I would love to see a playful and informative program for Video tutorials and information to be set up.

The goal:

• The goal is to create more engagement and participation from volunteers

• To offer better explanations/ approaches on more complex topics

To whom is this thread?

• If you know anything about video or are keen to be involved in other ways (i.e. cameraman, sound, performance, knowledge etc), please reach out here and let's see what we can make.

• if you have already a video project in the pipeline; keep on reading

Ideas & Suggestions

• My initial thought was to make a universal email address for the youtube channel and make the password available basically to anyone that asks.

• we could Use  "How we work together" as topic inspirations

• we could have, humans, puppets, drawings

• videos fun and bizarre

• Videos could give some light to this kind of thoughts;

- I would like to participate but I have no idea how to begin. I checked realities but I'm not clear how should I proceed afterward.

- I would like to participate but I don't know if this requires time I don't really have

- These guys seem to know a lot and they have great discussions, I don't see how could I be part of it.

-how could I volunteer remotely

• videos with a message of support from the community

•  Stories of participants that got involved for the first time

• Add more!

• here

Do we have any instructionals videos already?

yes we do have two, although these videos need to be put at the right time at the right place, so to be noticed

Account information

• account: video.kiezburn@gmail.com

• password: ask @waldo to share this with you through Lastpass

So we are up for a shooting

• we have got a camerwoman & video editor @Ashley DuPree 馃帀

• we have got topics and Ideas

if you would like to join, reach out on the comments and we will figure a date

if you can't come, or if you are up to make your own video at home but need some edition work afterward, reach out to @Ashley DuPree

What else do we need to make this happen?

• Puppets

• voices/participants/performers/drawing person/ whatever

• We would eventually need a primary coordinator, someone that manages the emails and is the contact person when someone wants the password to upload their videos on you tube. As well as potentially reviewing and assisting and cleaning the channel. Otherwise, I'm hoping to see this as decentralized as possible to minimize the workload.

The following video from Alex as an example to show how simple getting a camera and talking can be, it needs minimal preparation and follow-up, and involves less people.

All thoughts and feedback would be appreciated. Thank you kindly for your time.

AK

Alex Kaos Mon 9 Mar 2020 12:06PM

Ok, Meeting confirmed at Ashleys place by Frankfurter Allee U-Bhf, 4pm for a couple of hours to discuss how to move forward, and maybe shoot a quick clip or 2!
@Veroca R. Sala @Cris @Otto @Bee @Cl茅ment Marchand Le Poittevin (who else was interested in this?)

@Ashley DuPree - What's the address?

C

Cris Mon 9 Mar 2020 12:31PM

When? I hope is not today.., workworkwork! because other people also want their videos ready :)

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Wed 4 Mar 2020 11:34AM

@Ashley DuPree Im happy to attend! . I have shared my ideas to inspire where could we go towards but i also see important to let people make their own creations on what they also find interesting 馃檪

So lets give a couple of possible dates to see who else could attend to this promising shooting.

For the one that cannot go, they could send you the material for editing?

Also: Do you know someone willing to be talking to the camera or make a puppet performance/voice in off...??

Perhaps @Annette knows someone?

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Fri 6 Mar 2020 3:42PM

@Alexxx and @Ashley DuPree im also available con the 12th around that time. We can do what we can on that day. And then if Ashley is also into something more well produced (as i understood he would like to have some higher quality meterial, and im keen to participate on that too) we can do another session.

So i need clarification if on the 12th we would do

* a small planning meeting Ashley and I (and whoever else) as for establishing the needs of lighting and stuff

* or a first round of couple of videos

Just to know how much time do i have to make the puppets

W

walto Thu 5 Mar 2020 3:20PM

The puppet show was actually a joke, but... I do have a whole bag of finger puppets left.

W

walto Tue 3 Mar 2020 5:29PM

I would prefer puppets in these videos instead of humans. It just is more fun! Here is the proof:

On a more serious note: I love that you are changing the focus towards the "user", so making little stories in the sense of "how can I...", really good idea :)

AK

Alex Kaos Fri 6 Mar 2020 10:15AM

Very cool. Yes that could be exactly what we're looking for. A little more set-up time but way less management time.
We're still going to need the e-mail address to get this ball rolling. If you can set it up and send me the password I am happy to take this one on. I think it's important and would like to see it moving.

Also, I just got promoted at work to the in-house videographer, so I should learn a shit load whilst on the payroll!! Woopee

AK

Alex Kaos Fri 6 Mar 2020 10:19AM

Hey Ashley. I would be free to come play on the 12th from 4pm onwards. I'm super keen to get this ball rolling. I've requested @waldo to get the email set-up, and we can look into his proposal for the decentralized youtube video uploader (https://www.labnol.org/internet/youtube-uploader/29161/). I would be totally down to make at least 1 or two quick videos on Thursday if you have time. For me it's more important that we start as soon as possible. If we can use your good equipment and make a quick-and-dirty cut, we should be able to recruit more people to the cause.

@Veroca R. Sala , I would think that the "How to get involved" video you proposed earlier would be a great start.

W

walto Fri 6 Mar 2020 2:45PM

I sent you the lastpass invitation to your email @Alexxx . If others need access, let me know, and I will do the same. Added the details regarding the account etc. in the main thread as well.

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Mon 9 Mar 2020 12:59PM

Thursday the 12th at 4 pm right?

Load More