talk.kiezburn.org
Fri 6 Mar 2020 10:03PM

2020 Website - update

W walto Public Seen by 45

New website

Here is Veroca ( Volunteer Coordinator 2020) I update this thread with some of the feedback given in the comments plus some of my own input about volunteers.

Wishing to use this thread to elaborate some of the content and keep the website well linked to Talk, ensuring people is being guided to the right talk groups/ threads.

Waldo: FYI I just updated the links to Talk on our website. They were still leading to the 2019 group, so changed it to the 2020 group.

We still need to check up on updating the different links on the website. Who would take charge of this?

Website content update

Footers

Footer

• current: © Kiez Burn 2019. With support of the berlinburners e.V.

• desired: © Kiez Burn e.V.

Other footer:

• current: Have any questions, contact us at: hello@kiezburn.org

• desired: we do not want people to send us questions to this Verein email, since we do not check that email so often, and this is dedicated to Verein-specific matters.
    In the current website, we say this "Have any questions, get involved on Talk"

Other footer:

we also want to link to "Become Verein memberat the bottom (see new website)

Other footer

we also want to more promote and link to the Verein page (see current website). this page doesn't seem to be on staging, not sure if it then will be on production? https://kiezburn.org/kiez-burn-e-v-association/

Header: transparency topic

We find transparency very important, and therefore have published our census and financial reports: https://kiezburn.org/census-financial-reports/

I see it currently lives under "past-years-of-kiez-burn", could I ask to change it to the form & content of the current website, please?

General:

There is a lot of stuff that is not up to date or generally not relevant? Not sure if that means it is still WIP, so just giving a couple of examples:

• Talk: the content about talk will hopefully be co created in this new initiative How Does talk work

Links to talk:

Until the content is Ready can we Link from the Website to "How we work together" instead of 2020 Planning might be better?

• Realities: find here a drive doc with the written content for the Realties Landing Page its is in progress ( "What is Realities" button ). Chip in your input if you see something is missing (Vero is mainly on it but appreciate feedback)

• Dreams: Content about dreams? who does that? links are empty

• Tickets: talks about 2019 tickets a lot.

• Principles: there is an initiative to update the explanation of the principle. So its in process.

Content about Volunteering - Getting involved

Suggesting to separate different ways to volunteer so we use the same "terminology" used on Talk.

Source: "How to volunteer" ( the named thread will be updated with more info about being involved remotely)

Volunteer Pre Event/Getting involved pre event

Organizing and coordinating, from Berlin or Remotely, join meetings (online too! ) and some nice and inviting wording. Linked to Realities Landing page.

Volunteer at the burn ( onsite )

• Volunteer on build -> brief description

• Volunteer during the event -> brief description

• Volunteer on Strike -> brief description

Get involved outside of the Burn

picnic, precom decom etc. -> brief description

W

walto Tue 10 Mar 2020 5:14PM

FYI - slight change to the menu, with all the census and financial reports behind this menu item.

EJ

Erin Jeavons-Fellows Wed 11 Mar 2020 9:22AM

Its under the comms team. There is a whole new website coming and i will integrate this content before we push it live. Thanks. There are 2 people under comms team who will handle website updates. We will work out some kind of ticket process so people can submit for updates. not sure how that will go yet

W

walto Thu 12 Mar 2020 3:01PM

Ok, so giving some input on staging.kiezburn.org 

First off: looks really visually appealing, love that! Below more some e.V. feedback that is mainly relevant from a Verein/Board POV:

Footer

• current: © Kiez Burn 2019. With support of the berlinburners e.V.

• desired: © Kiez Burn e.V.

Other footer:

• current: Have any questions, contact us at: hello@kiezburn.org

• desired: we do not want people to send us questions to this Verein email, since we do not check that email so often, and this is dedicated to Verein-specific matters.
    In the current website, we say this "Have any questions, get involved on Talk"

Other footer:

we also want to link to "Become Verein member" at the bottom (see new website)

Other footer

we also want to more promote and link to the Verein page (see current website). this page doesn't seem to be on staging, not sure if it then will be on production? https://kiezburn.org/kiez-burn-e-v-association/

Header: transparency topic

We find transparency very important, and therefore have published our census and financial reports: https://kiezburn.org/census-financial-reports/

I see it currently lives under "past-years-of-kiez-burn", could I ask to change it to the form & content of the current website please?

General

There is a lot of stuff that is not up to date or generally not relevant? Not sure if that means it is still WIP, so just giving a couple of examples:

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Tue 17 Mar 2020 8:16PM

I have feedback about the "explanation" of the principles, I feel it is a sort of "list of rules or expected behaviour" on site. I believe that content comes from the survival guide.

It would be nice if we could freshen up a little bit about the principles in a more "romantic" (?) way, without so much focus in the event itself but in our culture.

Do we need a volunteer for this? Because I cant volunteer for this but maybe somebody else. If so, I / we, could update this thread with open volunteer tasks for the website and see if someone is willing to do it.

Website looks beautiful❤️

W

walto Wed 28 Oct 2020 8:01PM

Further updates since all this on:

• the principles page

• the e.v. page (which is probably linked in a bit of a too hidden a way)

A

Alejandro Thu 29 Oct 2020 10:01AM

If I wanted to make WordPress changes and maybe access the hosting to edit the theme, how can I get a user? @waldo?

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Mon 16 Nov 2020 6:01PM

Hi dears and @Erin Jeavons-Fellows Im gonna leave here some work in progress to update the new Website see this drive doc and find there Written content ready to copy-paste, but feel free to comment in the doc.

• We still need to work on Dreams content.

I dont have time to update this Thread nicely, so I'm gonna just copy this up there!

EJ

Erin Jeavons-Fellows Wed 11 Mar 2020 6:20PM

it gets updated the same way. Its wordpress. Its available on staging.kiezburn.org for the last year.

EJ

Erin Jeavons-Fellows Thu 12 Mar 2020 3:26PM

thanks

yes im aware. Talk, dreams and realities needs content. Vero is working on this.

Content needs to be updated to 2020, this is somewhat easy to do. the pages also need some images and titles. its not 100% complete yet but was going to hand these onto the website team to update. If the website was going to go through the advice process, I would not continue to build this website out since the advice process would add significant amount of time to allowing it to go live while the old website continues to be updated and maintaining 2 websites would be impossible.

W

walto Thu 12 Mar 2020 3:32PM

maybe we can just keep updating staging and giving feedback as we go forward, adding wherever needed etc? Maybe that is a fitting process for the new website?

Load More