talk.kiezburn.org
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:01PM

2019 Handling of ticket transfers on Facebook

JT Jan Thomas Public Seen by 40

We had the first ticket transfer post to the Facebook group today... So we should find a way how to handle this best. I believe we need a solution prevents the main Kiez Burn group from being flooded by Ticket transfer back&forth - last year we achieved this by having a separate FB group just for tickets: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kiezburn.ticket.bazaar/

I would suggest we setup something similar for this year, or even reactivate the old group (but it might be better to start fresh). Last year it worked nicely as:
* the need for approving posts in the main group gave control to push all ticketing posts into that separate group
* that group had no restriction to be joined and no moderation of posts, so people could freely self-organise there
* we also continuously advertised the group on website, pinned FB posts etc.

It would be great if someone would be willing to pick this up and organise something similar for this year!

W

walto Tue 23 Apr 2019 8:04PM

second that!

JT

Jan Thomas Fri 26 Apr 2019 9:27AM

@loomikate @hannamaijahelvi - who is responsible for Facebook within the communicorns? I'm wondering how we can find someone who could take this over?

CML

Clément Marchand Le Poittevin Sun 28 Apr 2019 9:20PM

Thanks for getting my attention here @waldo !
Great idea, I’ll have a look tomorrow into creating a group within the Kiez Burn group for that purpose.
Opinions on reusing lat year’s? I personnally do not have an educated opinion regarding this.

W

walto Sun 28 Apr 2019 10:37PM

I renamed last year's group so we can just re-use it and linked it to the kiez burn group.

JT

Jan Thomas Mon 29 Apr 2019 7:15AM

@clement thanks for jumping in!

The only potential problem with reusing last years is that almost all the group members might not care about it, unless they happen to sell or search for a ticket again... Maybe it's possible to clear all the members out of the group to get a fresh start? Or do we not care about that, and people can leave the group themselves?

W

walto Mon 29 Apr 2019 12:22PM

those that don't like to see the new messages can just leave the group - radical facebookery

W

walto Fri 17 May 2019 9:41AM

can we please not allow any ticket sale messages in the kiez burn group?

JK

Jan-Christian Kaspareit Tue 30 Apr 2019 2:26PM

Not giving my ticket away, because of some silly FB group!
I like keeping it simple though.

W

walto Sun 28 Apr 2019 8:53PM

@clement is!

JK

Jan-Christian Kaspareit Tue 30 Apr 2019 2:25PM

Not giving my ticket away because of some silly FB group!