talk.kiezburn.org
Wed 17 Jul 2019 8:44PM

What is our 2019 decompression theme?

EJ Erin Jeavons-Fellows Public Seen by 56

Our Precompression was Pack Animal
Our Kiez Burn was Wild at Heart
What is our Decompression theme to be?

Tell us your ideas here! Write a short description and pitch it now! We will do a collective vote in a few weeks :slight_smile:

EJ

Erin Jeavons-Fellows Wed 17 Jul 2019 8:59PM

This was a suggestion from the amazing @saskia31 which I LOVE! Ive been thinking about it a bit more....
We could leverage a previous suggestion of HEIMAT - meaning 'Home'. A theme where we would return to Kiez Burn but back in our home base where each camp is responsible for organising parts of the decompression.
eg. The monkey Gate
The cowboy greeters
The Blanket Fort cuddle space
The Palace Workshop Lounge
Zerzura and underworld music space
Pirate decoration
Deine Mudda Kitchen food share
Cafe wonderland Tea station

ONE BIG MASHUP that reflects our time at Kiez Burn but celebrates it in a different way.
The items I have suggested above are an idea so we can mash it up even more :raised_hands:

JF

James Fish Wed 21 Aug 2019 10:16AM

Would be great to land on a theme and get it out there - as this will be the seed/inspiration for various camps’ concepts for their involvement, sooner is better. What would need to happen before we can finalize and promote the theme to the community? Some kind of discussion or vote? (How did we land on a theme last time?)

A

Agata Wed 21 Aug 2019 8:02PM

I like your proposal, so burn night and camps recreating the reality of a burn in a nice scale is enough, I don't think we need to put a theme on top of Cuddle Puddle and Saloon.

TR

Tamar Regev Thu 22 Aug 2019 7:16PM

I love the heimat thing

CA

Christina Ariaz Mon 26 Aug 2019 8:30AM

I’m a big fan of Heimat. As we’re witnessing our home suffering, our rainforest and glaciers ablaze, bringing this close to our hearts and holding space to reconnect to being members of earth family/home is good and honest medicine.

EJ

Erin Jeavons-Fellows Wed 4 Sep 2019 11:26PM

Tonight at teh meeting we finalised Heimat as our theme. I am designing the Heimat Theme announcement Poster. There were many things that were thrown around tongiht as to why we liked it! Feel free to add anything further that you feel that represents the Theme Here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b7vG0kYb0kJkr_wuKhBQ-2EtaIIqeN5zhQx_LRmqBY8/edit?usp=sharing

please help me shape this!

EJ

Erin Jeavons-Fellows Wed 21 Aug 2019 10:49AM

yeah I like the idea. Do you think we need a theme? Is it just one big mash up? How important is a theme? i dont recall having a theme for last years decom... did we?