talk.kiezburn.org

Power for Kiez Burn 2021

SD Sven Dudink Public Seen by 108

Hi, my name is Sven, and I did power for kiez Burn 2019

This year we wish to have power on kiez burn again, but there might be some changes, we will have fewer sound camps, which equals less consumption, although because of the big amount of land we need to power, it's hard to cut down on power costs,

Kiez Burn Power 2019

• We used 3 generators for the event.

• We used two small generators for Build & Strike. (one mobile & one for volunteers Kitchen)

• All generators and cables were transported by the provider to site

• The cost for power for the kieze was 50 euro per kilowatt.

• The price for kiez burn orga was around 100-150 euro per kilowat

• The power bill in 2019 was around 8000 euro and looked like this:

Ø  3 generators/fuel tanks: 2160 euro

Ø  Transport of generators/fuel and connecting of fuel tanks:1840 euro

Ø  Cables/ bridges/distribution boxes: 2170 euro

Ø  Fuel (980 liter): 850 euro

Ø  Build generators: 240 euro

Ø  Transport of cables/build generators: 833 euro

Power proposal 2021

Power for build: 

• 2 small generators as in 2019 

to be confirmed with BUILD needs.

Transport of Build generators and all cables we need to site: 

I propose to coordinate with Build transport Realizer to lower the costs of transport. From Berlin to site).

Generators rental & transport to the site (for the event):

Need to determine power need once all kieze and dreams submit their request

DEADILINE:

Transport of generators by the provider.: Approx 1500 euro ( only the transport)

NOTE. If the power need decreases, the power price for the orga increases, since there is a designated budget for power, I would suggest we put the price for power per continuous Kilowatt.

POWER FOR KIEZE

• Price: The price for power is set to 70 Euro this year (when enough camps order power the price might drop)

• Request Power for Kieze & Dreams Here

• How to estimate power

Who are in the Power Rangers Team:

@Sven Dudink - Power & Water Lead

@richard
    @daniel no
    @Johannes Bittner
    @Alejandro Pereda
    @Sven Tulo

There is an initiative to lower costs and improve sustainability in terms of power which I did research and offer here more information on going off grid( ) maybe next year

AN

Andre Nik Mon 26 Jul 2021 11:15PM

Hi, I also updated our (open air stage) estimated wattage we'll need from 400 to 800 Watt since we'll bring a bit more lights than first anticipated. I hope that works out and sorry for changing that late.

TM

Tim Menuridae Mon 26 Jul 2021 7:24PM

Hello,
I am wondering what power needs have been considered for Nubicuculia Dream? I have filled out power for dreams form for 1500 W. I hope I added our needs in time. I understand power for dreams for Nubicuculia are funded through our dreams grant due to their expense. Correct me if I am wrong.
Cheers and so keen to meet you all on the playyaaaa

SD

Sven Dudink Fri 23 Jul 2021 8:56AM

Hi Anette, the Email with Bank-Details will go out in the next days

A

Annette Fri 23 Jul 2021 8:02AM

@Sven Dudink How do we pay for power and when?

SD

Sven Dudink Fri 23 Jul 2021 8:59AM

Hi @Carlos Vieira

1. There are 2 generators, one steady at kitchen/deine mudda you can use overthere, and a moving generator usable for everyone

2. You will receive Max 25 meter from your camp a power connection in the Form of Standard checkout

3. Yes in most places you can, its important to get them underground so people wont fall over it

CV

Carlos Vieira Thu 22 Jul 2021 4:05PM

Hey guys. I'm jumping into this conversation as the build lead of my camp (Mellow Submarine). I have a few questions and thank in advance for your support!
1) Will power be provided throughout build (Sat Aug 7th)?
2) How's the connection to each camp made? We'll bring extension cords and a water proof extender. What else should I consider?
3) Can I dig cables under the ground, and what are the recommendations here?

P

Purzel Mon 12 Jul 2021 8:09AM

I think that should work out nicely 😊

SD

Sven Dudink Mon 12 Jul 2021 7:50AM

@Linja Flux there will be a portable generator to borrow when needed, this is a shared generator so you might not be able to use it non stop, but last year it was rearly used (1 person requested it for half an hour over the whole period)so i dont expect it to be used that much this year

P

Purzel Sat 10 Jul 2021 9:43PM

The effigy Crew (@Linja Flux ) is requesting temporary power during build. Just one plug to power an electrical saw. That would be on the Playa where the effigy will be placed.

M

Maria Wed 7 Jul 2021 1:09PM

Thank you!

Load More