Message from Kiez Burn e.V. Board regarding Finances and Legalities
Dear Decompression Team,
I'd like to shine light on a decision that the Kiez Burn e.V. board made regarding the financial situation of the decompression. This is not set in stone but in order to change this we need more information.
We decided to not gurantee any financial contribution to the event and to not gurantee to act as the official "Veranstalter" (legal host) at this point. These are the reasons that lead to this decision:
(1) We haven't been asked to do either of these. At least not in a request addressed to the board (with numbers and hard facts).
(2) We don't have enough information on the conditions in order to agree to sign any contract.
It's very unfortunate that none of us have been to any of the decomp meetings, we should have managed to do that somehow – sorry! The fact that we don't know what's in the contract (i.e. the venue's conditions) and the high cost of the event makes us a bit anxious.
To be clear: We want the decomp to happen and we want to support the decomp team! At the same time, the seven board members are personally liable for everything the Verein does and we have too many open questions in order to feel comfortable to (legally) take responsibility for this event (at this point).
My suggestion (we really want to find a solution that everybody feels good about):
(1) Let us know what exactly the decomp team wants from the Kiez Burn e.V.
(2) Let's have a meeting to clear up any potential misunderstandings and talk about possible solutions. (Update: apparently Daisy and Alex are already planning a meetup)
(3) The board agreed to invest some of the financial leftover into another batch of dreams. We don't have a budget or timeline yet, but it will happen this year. The decompression could be handed in as a dream and receive funds through the community.
I'm sorry if we created some irritations by our decision. We have no intention to work against anyone, especially not our hard working decomp team and we certainly don't want to create a "shadow council" feeling! Thank you so much for making the decomp happen <3