talk.kiezburn.org

Kiez Burn water 2021

SD Sven Dudink Public Seen by 69

Hi there and welcome to the water threat 2021

Things that are certain now:
We will have water
we will not have hot water (just sun-warmed)
there will be showers (not sure yet how many)
water price for in Mecklenburg vollpommern is 1,66 per QM3
the water will got to the following places:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1Z2dTgvdnnPb0uYBBXVFm6DZdA1kg2Kbt&ll=53.83256680799985%2C13.239295956673729&z=17
there is a sceptic tank for greywater, see map

Things still needed to be done:

Renting the wasserstandrohr, all are taken at the moment and we need to contact the water comapyn 1st of august, what I understood is, they have a very last minute approach, and they could not do anything for us just yet, there is one reserved for us though

Get a more extended water network (by buying more tubing)

Things we will sort out on site:
Watercube distribution
extended waternet and where the network will run to

UPDATES JULY 2021

Water Map

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1Z2dTgvdnnPb0uYBBXVFm6DZdA1kg2Kbt&ll=53.83256680799985%2C13.239295956673729&z=17

Showers ( Alex comment )

Only 1 set of showers have been left dysfunctional.

Freiland updated their whole water system for their event (as was previously mentioned a few times here). So there is some operating and clean water.

Unfortunately, because the water hasn't been official tested, it needs to be labeled as "untested water" or "not drinking water".

If you or anyone is aware of the necessary process to have the water systems approved for drinking officially this would be very helpful at this stage. (It is a recently developed burocracy issue, we have been drinking from these systems for years without any incident)

Site updates

after 2nd visit 18th July: as reference https://talk.kiezburn.org/d/DP9TJ0X3/site-updates-

if there are any questions, feel free to post a message, this thread will soon be updated when more info is available

Item removed

SD

Sven Dudink Wed 28 Jul 2021 1:16PM

Hi Rachel, the water network as it is will almost certainly happen, it might also get bigger. according to last years water equipment order there is a lot more water equipment.
if that is still in storage, the water network will be way bigger, if you guys have your own PE pipe than for sure bring it, and i will do my best to connect you guys, the pipe thickness is 20MM

R

Rachel Wed 28 Jul 2021 1:01PM

Hey there,

I was a bit confused about the site plan. Our great monkey camp (40 people) would be happy to have some water on site and the site plan first had new pipes going towards beehive. Then for the last couple days this pipe was not on the site plan anymore and today it was back. So my question would be:

Is there a new water pipe now going toward beehive?

And if yes, would it be alright if we as the monkey camp bring PE pipe and connect it to the closest allocator and bury the pipe underground?

If that is no option we just stick to our water canisters ;)

Cheers, Rachel

Item removed

JT

Jan Thomas Mon 26 Jul 2021 8:51PM

Yes agreed, this is all exactly the same as in previous years. We just need to make it clear in the survival guide that the water is not tested/certified as drinking water, i.e. use is at own risk which i understand is important from insurance perspective... but the water is drinking quality at the connection point up at the street, it's just that the water system on site isn't tested/verified. But e.g. using it for cooking etc. should be perfectly fine.

I would suggest phrasing it the following way: "Kiezburn provides water to its participants at multipe points across the site. The water is not tested and certified as drinking water quality so use is 100% at your own risk. Please note that this is only due to the pipes/hoses used to distribute the water on site. The water that enters the pipes on the site is drinking quality, but we can't guarantee it is still drinking quality at the other end."

@Caroline would be great if you can please capture that if it's not in there already, thank you!

A

Annette Mon 26 Jul 2021 8:25PM

Awesome, good to know everything goes, ah sorry, flows its way. We will update if the Amt or anyone reaches out for testing, but I really don´t expect so.

SD

Sven Dudink Mon 26 Jul 2021 8:20PM

Hi @Annette thanks for the info, for this year testing seems to be hard, next year easier because we will have fixed endpoints 2019 and 2018 we also didnt have tested water, we do follow all standards from DVGW, so technically it should be fine, the wasserstandrohr is reserved for us, just needs to be picked up on friday 06.08 before 14:00 in demmin, im not sure yet who will do this

A

Annette Mon 26 Jul 2021 8:12PM

@Sven Dudink for you information some updates from site liaison:
The water is not officially drinking water, but should be ok to drink. It has not being checked, so. drinking is only on own risk! Freiland also announced before their event "No drinking water on site, bring your own". We might need to inform people about that?

If necessary, there will be a testing by the water authority (as it was planned for 2020), this would costs money per sample. We don´t expect it to happen and I don´t want to awaken sleeping dogs, it also did not happen at Freiland Sommerfest. If they come, than probably because the Ordnungsamt send them and we will know beforehand.

We need to get a "Zurohr" at GKU Demmin. I guess @Jan Thomas knows more.

DML

Dr. med. Lisa-Marlen Rogmann Wed 28 Jul 2021 9:41AM

You could't make me any happier than with this message today :)

SD

Sven Dudink Wed 28 Jul 2021 9:40AM

As for now the plan is to connect amazonia, and im also fairly sure that will happen

Load More