talk.kiezburn.org

Kiez Burn water 2021

SD Sven Dudink Public Seen by 69

Hi there and welcome to the water threat 2021

Things that are certain now:
We will have water
we will not have hot water (just sun-warmed)
there will be showers (not sure yet how many)
water price for in Mecklenburg vollpommern is 1,66 per QM3
the water will got to the following places:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1Z2dTgvdnnPb0uYBBXVFm6DZdA1kg2Kbt&ll=53.83256680799985%2C13.239295956673729&z=17
there is a sceptic tank for greywater, see map

Things still needed to be done:

Renting the wasserstandrohr, all are taken at the moment and we need to contact the water comapyn 1st of august, what I understood is, they have a very last minute approach, and they could not do anything for us just yet, there is one reserved for us though

Get a more extended water network (by buying more tubing)

Things we will sort out on site:
Watercube distribution
extended waternet and where the network will run to

UPDATES JULY 2021

Water Map

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1Z2dTgvdnnPb0uYBBXVFm6DZdA1kg2Kbt&ll=53.83256680799985%2C13.239295956673729&z=17

Showers ( Alex comment )

Only 1 set of showers have been left dysfunctional.

Freiland updated their whole water system for their event (as was previously mentioned a few times here). So there is some operating and clean water.

Unfortunately, because the water hasn't been official tested, it needs to be labeled as "untested water" or "not drinking water".

If you or anyone is aware of the necessary process to have the water systems approved for drinking officially this would be very helpful at this stage. (It is a recently developed burocracy issue, we have been drinking from these systems for years without any incident)

Site updates

after 2nd visit 18th July: as reference https://talk.kiezburn.org/d/DP9TJ0X3/site-updates-

if there are any questions, feel free to post a message, this thread will soon be updated when more info is available

SD

Sven Dudink Fri 30 Jul 2021 5:36PM

Hi @Rachel okay thats great that you guys bring your own PE, yeah in that case we will certainly be able to connect you,

i didnt hear anything about having mandetory sinks, but maybe im missing something, maybe the covid lead knows @Hanna-Maija (Animal) ?

flow heater is certainly not mandetory

hoping i helped you a bit with these answers

Hugs

Sven

R

Rachel Fri 30 Jul 2021 10:40AM

Hi Sven,

the monkeys bring 50m of 20mm PE pipe.

With basin I ment like a lavatory/sink ( like this https://www.kaufland.de/product/323075334/) thing. I heard that we as a camp need to have one (for the kitchen) for hand washing. Is that right?

And is it sufficient to use cold water for hand-washing in the camp (kitchen) or do we need a flow-heater? This is what I meant in the previous question ;)

Cheers,

Rachel

SD

Sven Dudink Thu 29 Jul 2021 1:35PM

Hi Rachel,

could you tell me how long your PE pipe is? it is good to know for easier planning,

with basin, do you mean for greywater? in general how the tapwater is distributed or what they do with it is fully up to the camp

the water delivered is not drinking water certified, it comes through the pipes as drinking water, the water pipes are approved for drinking water, the only thing what is missing is a official lab test, thereby the water is not officially drinking water, this has been the case for the last 2 year,

about the water heater, you don't need a water heater, if you decide to bring one, this will increase your power costs, but its certainly possible,

Hugs

Sven

R

Rachel Thu 29 Jul 2021 12:33PM

Thanks for the response and sorry for the confusion. Monkey camp will bring PE pipe ;)

Another question to @Sven Dudink or others: Do we need a basin in camp for the kitchen?

And if yes, does the Gesundheitsamt or any other Amt has any requirements regarding it?

Is it alright if cold water comes out of a canister or does it need to be a pipe? Is it sufficient to have cold water or do we need a water heater?

If that has been answered before, I apologize 🙈

Cheers, Rachel (d'monkeys)

F

Friso Tue 3 Aug 2021 7:07PM

correct

J

Julian Thu 29 Jul 2021 11:46AM

Thanks @Chris and @Sven Dudink ! We'll make sure to dump our gray pool water in the bushes and not in the lake.

Do you know if Werkhouse has a water pump that could help us with that?

C

Cris Thu 29 Jul 2021 9:11AM

@Julian please, no dumping of grey water in the lake! Never!

Grey water should contain only (real,not the fake ones) bio degradable soap, and it should never be dispossed directly in the lake, but let be filtered by the soil trying to avoid overflooding (disposing slowly and in bushy areas) The further from the lake you disposse it, the better.

Pool water is more likely to contain other than soap (like the evil sunscreen) so please, put some attention there.

@Friso correct me, please, if Im wrong or not updated.

SD

Sven Dudink Wed 28 Jul 2021 5:03PM

Hi @Julian yes indeed you will have a water source inside your camp arriving from the wooden structure, im not sure about dumping any kind of water in the lake, for sure you would need bio degradable stuff, on the other side there is a kind of pit, this might be okay, but not sure about it, the water disposal is part of LNT. maybe @Friso knows more about it ?

J

Julian Wed 28 Jul 2021 4:42PM

@Sven Dudink Our Kinky Kiez seems to have a water faucet directly in the camp. We'll produce quite a bit of gray water because out the Wandwashing-station (for our workshops), a pool is also in discussion.

We have a lake close to our camp, can we dump our gray water (at least the one of the pool) in the lake?

SD

Sven Dudink Wed 28 Jul 2021 3:16PM

Dear Monkeys
@Kathleen Stoeckel @Rachel
Could you guys get your info synced?

on rachels Comment i wrote how water will be distributed,

organizing a cube and cleaning it is responsibility of the camps itself, but we will be very happy to fill up the tubes

if you guys own your own PE tube, that would definitly help getting water to the monkeys,

the chances are big that we will have enough tubing to also go to monkeys, but its hard to say since the landscape is so different from what we see here on maps

Load More