Dream token redistribution for dreams not reaching minimum -
from orientation to finalization
#Kiez Burn Dreams 2019
We had an amazing first year for the Dreams platform with:
* 61,6% of ticket holders participating in the voting process
* 50,6% of ticket holders giving all their grants away
This is much higher than what we had hoped for and what we see in many elections or dream processes around the world
Final decision on token distribution
Who made the decision: The 2019 Dream guides who met in person. These were: Saskia, Joice, Nick, Paul, Lenny, Remy, Waldo + experts Olivia & CJ
When was the decision made: 07/05/2019
Decision summary: Proposal A that favors funding more projects to their minimum and redistribute the 27 leftover tokens among Dreams with the highest # people who gave grants to those Dreams. Video explanation
How much €€€ did my dream get?*
The results in terms of token value & €€€ value per Dream can be found in columns N & O of the "2019: Proposal A1" tab
Why are we talking about token redistribution?
- We have more dreams tokens/budget available than there were tokens spent (135)
- several projects did not reach their minimum. This "freed up" 588 tokens.
What have we done to prepare a decision that has the support of the community?
- The dream guides are contacting the dreamers to see if the dreamers could reduce their minimum and still bring the project + does the dreamer still want to bring the project?
- consulted with the community regarding what direction we would like to take the redistribution in this talk thread - outcome included in proposal(s)
- Ticket holders can vote until Sunday 5th of May
- Final token/budget communication: 7th of May
Coming to a decision
We would like to follow the advice process and together discuss different proposals. Ideally, we avoid a vote and instead orientate on our principle: consensual do-ocracy. People can make proposals, but need to actively listen to the input provided by the community. The outcome of that discussion might be to tweak or throw away the proposal based on the discussion.
To facilitate this discussion, we have created a spreadsheet with all the current data, which will be updated regularly with a final update after voting ends.
- 2019: granting overview with a factual overview of the current granting
- 2019: granting distribution with an overview of the granting clustering
- several proposal tabs people can use to formulate alternative proposals (please do not overwrite other people's proposals)
If you have new proposals, please edit this thread and add your proposals to it with a description. Feel free to use one of the empty proposal templates in the spreadsheet above. Please make sure your proposals are understandeable.
Without any proposals
- 49 Dreams got funded
- 11 Dreams would not get funded because they did not reach their minimum
- many tokens leftover = budget leftover ==> proposals address how to redistribute this
Concept/Idea: Prioritize Dreams based on the number of individual granters.
Details: The Dreams that did not reach their minimum but have a high number of individual granters will get their minimum funded. To balance the ranking to also include the size of individual grants, Dreams also need to reach x% of their minimum funding. This x% can be set depending on the final outcome (currently 48%)
- From the 60 eligible dreams, 53 would be funded, 7 did not reach their minimum and won't be funded
- Tokens are redistributed to the following projects: The magical mists, Musotopia, Space Plants circle
- There are 29 tokens left, which are distributed among the top dreams
Proposal B.1 & B.2
(this has been updated to reflect the actual proposal and added a tab to the proposals spreadsheet)
link to spreadsheet tab
Proposal B.1 & B.2 start with the premise that the final token allocation should reflect how ticket holders actually voted with their tokens. The unused tokens are distributed across all the dreams with the same distribution as the used tokens (not including those distributed by KBorg).
For example, if...
DreamA received 20 of 100 tokens used (20%)
after distribution of unused tokens...
DreamA would receive 30 of all 150 tokens (20%)
If you don't do that first, then you risk seriously distorting the token distribution away from how the community actually voted with their tokens.
After that, there is still a pool of tokens that need to be re-distributed because either a dream exceeded its max, or a dream did not meet its minimum.
Proposal B.1 redistributes this pool of tokens by fully funding as many dreams as possible (ranked by % of stretch [over the min] tokens achieved). This results in..
unfunded dreams: 16
minimum+ funded dreams: 17
fully funded dreams: 27
Proposal B.2 redistributes this pool of tokens by minimally funding as many dreams as possible (ranked by % of minimum tokens achieved). This results in..
unfunded dreams: 9
minimum+ funded dreams: 46
fully funded dreams: 5
restistribution tokens are used to encourage more art. Art Projects gets same # of token till max and then the remaining and so on..