talk.kiezburn.org
June 4th, 2021 06:56

Newsletter

Franzi
Franzi Public Seen by 215

Hey Kiezies,

next newsletter is planned to go out Tuesday 7th of September. Drop info here until 10 am that day.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13EA3nW5gca61F2BgjJSaZbLViliNJMpaLtuJiNY3Jm4/edit?usp=sharing

Drop PHOTOS or VIDEOS in here that you'd like to be added to your content:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xArTCdoQ3vZ5p8Cvf6tOXVpUgmPYDPOD?usp=sharing


We will organize newsletter in here :)

Realizer @Daisy @Nora Flora

Create a timeline - newsletter releases

Create a system to Co-create a newsletter


Kate

Kate September 8th, 2021 19:48

Dear @Nora Flora, did you already send the newsletter? I didn't receive it yet so maybe it's still possible to include one more update... (I don't have edit access to the doc, so I'm just copy&pasting it here)

The decom orga team is looking for volunteers & realizers ––> sign up here https://forms.gle/Gps11qkSGWhFEpYo8

Thank you so much for all your beautiful work here 🌈

Nora Flora

Nora Flora August 31st, 2021 11:39

Next newsletter is planned to go out Tuesday 7th of September. Drop info here until 10 am that day.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13EA3nW5gca61F2BgjJSaZbLViliNJMpaLtuJiNY3Jm4/edit?usp=sharing

CJ Yetman

CJ Yetman August 26th, 2021 11:44

no worries, just thoughts for next time

Nora Flora

Nora Flora August 26th, 2021 11:41

Ok, I understand. I am sorry, like I said above that is my bad then. I offered to put it in, so this was completely on me. Not the organizers at all!

CJ Yetman

CJ Yetman August 26th, 2021 11:22

I agree... that kind of thing needs to be done with a higher degree of caution.

Nora Flora

Nora Flora August 26th, 2021 11:20

Hi @Veroca R. Sala
That is on me then. I offered to put it in the newsletter. The organizers did not approach me/us here.
Althoiugh what Erin initiated was about paid stuff as well, so I don't see as much of a conflict here.
We promoted the Underworld Fundraiser, and last week I "promoted" a free Burner event.
So I just want to say, if there is a problem, it is on me. I offered to put it in as I thought it was a nice offer to decompress.

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala August 25th, 2021 13:20

Hi, im bringing a small concern that maybe would be up to the communicons team to discuss and create guidelines for the future maybe???

Is about promoting satellite events in our official Newsletter. Can we discuss that? IMO technically this kind of announcement doesnt belong there, however, I find it cool and nice to cooperate with satellite initiatives from kb community members ( as long as these are legal for instance etc etc )

If we are to use the newsletter to reach out to the Kiez Burn subscribers, then It would be nice to create a window where others could fairly promote too so it is not an exclusive thing left up to the decision of a pair of humans. Something like what @Erin Jeavons-Fellows did with the Facebook group (the monthly promotion thread), otherwise, how it came out with the last newsletter, it this seems a bit unfair.
Nothing personal with the might burn organizers (please, dont read me wrong), more about opening a discussion and hear other opinions on how could we best and fairly "promote" community initiatives within our comms and reaching to a wider audience ( not only Facebook and through the community monthly promotions).

i believe we would need a guideline to ensure whatever is promoted is aligned with our principles, is legal - define what is legal, no?) etc etc... I leave it here if someone wishes to pick it up in the future.

thanks for reading.

Nora Flora

Nora Flora August 24th, 2021 09:03

Next newsletter is planned to go out this Friday - 27.08. -
Please add your content until Thursday ✌️
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oxIYPlabncuvDRpCBsC3_oil40yunkfLLvJ1-qPg7vA/edit?usp=sharing

Drop PHOTOS/GIFS/VIDEOS in here that you'd like to be added to your content:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xArTCdoQ3vZ5p8Cvf6tOXVpUgmPYDPOD?usp=sharing

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala August 24th, 2021 08:06

also we can add an invitation to participate in organizing the decom "Kiez Burn Night" ( we dont call it "decompression" party). link people to this thread https://talk.kiezburn.org/d/Cu0w3vg4/kb-2021-over-let-s-decompress-

Bee

Bee August 20th, 2021 09:56

If there's still time to add...

This is where discussion about the census is happening - get involved to find out or contribute some of your own afterthoughts.
https://talk.kiezburn.org/d/bSfwPQs6/census-2021-what-else-do-we-want-to-know-

For any Realizers, Kieze Leads, Shift Leads etc that would like to join our Retrospective in September to discuss our experiences of planning & enacting roles at the event please follow this thread for updates.
https://talk.kiezburn.org/d/piJvAqd3/kiez-burn-retrospective-2021

& A very big thank you to everyone who came and helped to create an amazing Kiez Burn! Hope you find time to rest & decompress this week and hope to see you all again soon!

Nora Flora

Nora Flora August 18th, 2021 11:29

What do you need to/want to communicate in the 1st post-event newsletter this Friday?! let me know. ❤️
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uFmO1bue7uS_7s2Z6tQ8z1GdtIQRbSUeveNeQ4C1k2E/edit?usp=sharing

@Veroca R. Sala @Franzi or anyone else?

I can add the telegram announcement (looking for people to help with last LNT). Do you have a little more info on this @Jan-Christian Kaspareit ?

TOPICS so far:
- LNT call for Sunday at Freiland/Berlin Monday morning

Purzel

Purzel August 8th, 2021 10:46

Yes please, I'll contact you via telegram 😊

Nora Flora

Nora Flora August 8th, 2021 09:44

Any info about fire level indicator or any fire update that I should put in the last newsletter? @Purzel

Nora Flora

Nora Flora August 8th, 2021 09:42

@Professor Kaos @Jan-Christian Kaspareit
last topics (KORG/welfare...) for the last newsletter prior to the event as mentioned in Veros comment?

Nora Flora

Nora Flora August 8th, 2021 09:33

Topics for the last newsletter before the official event start?

So far we only have 1 topic.

- Is there another KORG statement?
- I saw a nice post from welfare/care bears on FB - I can add that.
- Update fire safety/fire level indicator?
(I cannot tag anyone on talk, what is up with that?)

I am extending the DEADLINE: If you have any topics please add them UNTIL MONDAY MIDNIGHT - Newsletter will be sent Tuesday morning.

If there are no more topics I will put a couple of important links from the last few newsletters in or sth. (survival guide, corona test booking, covid faq doc...)

See you soon ❤️

Nora Flora

Nora Flora August 6th, 2021 17:42

Last newsletter before the event (if we don't count build :-) ) is on Monday.
Let me know what to put in until Sunday night ideally, or last little changes until Monday 10 am.
Will be sent around noon on Monday. Thanks.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CfvnOvpf9_6EkHe_LRsuy9STMsJ3kT3j1MExooIT-CM/edit
🙂

Nora Flora

Nora Flora August 6th, 2021 14:33

Talked to Jan. I am just getting it ready and am sending the COVID newsletter out today.
Also our regular newsletter. 👍
Just FYI @Veroca R. Sala @Bee

Nora Flora

Nora Flora August 6th, 2021 09:53

Regular newsletter will be going out this afternoon. Is the separate COVID update mail going out too? In that case I will shorten the COVID content in the regular newsletter.

If you would like me to also prepare and send the COVID mail just let me know and give me the content. I have time this afternoon and could prepare and send today or schedule sending time...
@Veroca R. Sala @Bee @Jan-Christian Kaspareit

Nora Flora

Nora Flora August 6th, 2021 09:45

Hi @Sunniva Sorry I only saw your comment now. I will send out the newsletter this afternoon. The COVID update is in it:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ufsw5TwhFgLP5ZYmDJJjpIoSBIg7SE0Ihcg9c86yRDs/edit

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala August 4th, 2021 17:30

The special edition covid is coming out from the Korg i think it's @Bee or @Jan-Christian Kaspareit sending this out. You dont need to send it out. Correct e if wrong bee and Jan

Nora Flora

Nora Flora August 4th, 2021 14:41

Hi @Veroca R. Sala Just to be sure... is this a special COVID newsletter you would like me to send out today or next week?

Sunniva

Sunniva August 4th, 2021 10:37

Hi @Nora Flora! Here's a picture file and a text from the Dog Leads to include in the newsletter on Monday 9.8. if possible! 💕

Here's the proposed text:

This year we will have a small handful of rescue pups joining our adventure at Freiland ✨  These 3 dogs + 2 human Dog Leads will be part of this year's trial run for dogs at Kiez Burn! 

You will find the detailed agreements and guidelines for this at the Gate onsite and on Talk. 

If you see a dog onsite, please always ask before trying to pet or feed them, no matter how cute and fluffy they look! If you have any concerns about dogs at Kiez Burn, please reach out to Dog Leads Sunniva or Hanna-Maija. With a decent amount of responsibility, considerations and do-ocracy and plenty of fluffy love, we're excited to give this a try!

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala August 4th, 2021 08:27

HEY HEY, little update fro the last Korg meeting, we will be releasing a special covid update on Wed, only covid content. This will come out from the Korg. Jan Christian K is preparing the content for it.

Korg Meeting notes as reference https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aM-3vVkPfo0u4zq_zJWLy43edQMzzyD1oR3_qJBan9A/edit#

Nora Flora

Nora Flora August 2nd, 2021 20:25

Hi,
sorry there was a mistake in the schedule. Newsletter release was planned for this Friday as usual, and then next one Monday 9th.
I updated this above.

I could send the one from this week out earlier if the topics need to go out now?! @Vero ?

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala August 2nd, 2021 10:09

Wondering if we also have a release on Friday? that would be good to release the Event program digital version

Sunniva

Sunniva August 2nd, 2021 08:23

Hi all! Writing here to offer my availability to help with the COVID update in today's newsletter. When is the absolute final deadline for today? @Nora Flora? <3

Caroline

Caroline July 30th, 2021 21:42

Hey @Nora Flora

I did not recieve any newsletter today. I'm almost sure that i checked the box to get it when someone gave me their ticket...

It is not in the spam or promotion folder

Sending you a pm with my email address

Caroline

Caroline July 30th, 2021 15:00

@Nora Flora if not too late, can you change the text from the survival guide and suggest to people to save it as a pdf on their phone and/or print it ?

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala July 30th, 2021 12:11

Ooh I see my confusion 😕 sorry for the misunderstanding. Hope all went well. I am out and about for the day. Thank you two!!

Caroline

Caroline July 30th, 2021 11:58

@Nora Flora ready to sent thank you so much !!

Caroline

Caroline July 30th, 2021 11:42

@Veroca R. Sala I do not have anyone for the german version yet (i was just looking for someone to make a phone call to the taxi company). So @Nora Flora we are still looking for a german speaker to translate.
I'm ready in about 20min to send the newsletter. Sorry for the delay, taxi company was hard to reach

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 30th, 2021 09:40

@Caroline @Veroca R. Sala Would you then want me to take out the part where it says we are looking for a german speaker to translate? Do you have someone @Caroline?
@Caro Were you able to make you changes in the survival guide? I was planning to send the newsletter around 12 or 1.

👤

Anonymous July 30th, 2021 09:39

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala July 29th, 2021 22:15

I think Caro has someone already to work on ot but still the German version is not ready to go. We could mention that this time... like " German version in the pipeline" While the English version should be ready to go once Caro adds in the single update left about a taxi company. Hoping we can get that in before the release! Thank you!!!

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 29th, 2021 22:06

Question regarding the survival translation to german - "only" the updates need to be translated right? Might be good to specify this in the newsletter. or is it the whole thing?
If we do not find anyone for that through the newsletter then I can help with that, but not this week - next week. @Caroline @Veroca R. Sala

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 29th, 2021 21:28

@Caroline Yes, no problem.

Caroline

Caroline July 29th, 2021 14:52

Hey @Nora Flora

Survival guide realiser here. I have an important info from the taxi company that should come tomorow friday 30th at 11am... Can you wait for me so i can update the survval guide before sending it to everyone? Thanks a lot <3

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala July 26th, 2021 16:36

Hey thanks for the update,❤️ I asked @Bee and maybe she could send it out tonight. If not then will be later!

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 26th, 2021 10:24

@Veroca R. Sala I will include the topics you added and send the newsletter when I have fast internet tonight, latest tomorrow with the topics below. Before I can send it I will need to see if I can remove some (inactive) subscribers. @Professor Kaos We have gone above 2000 subscribers to our (general) newsletter now. I need to see if I can kick some out again but I recently just cleaned up that list as you know.
Maybe we need to switch to a paid plan. I will look into it today.

Sorry for the delays with the newsletter. I am in Usedom/Ostsee with terribly slow internet coverage but arriving at a proper camping ground with wifi later today.

Newsletter planned to go out today (or tomorrow depending on the subscriber issue we have now?! I will update.)
- driver wanted
- luggage shuttle
- first aid
- dogs

Next newsletter friday :-) Insert topics for Friday here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/133l6v5tS8q90wTD430EW--QsqxitD8Dr1OzETcH7eOI/edit?usp=sharing


Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 23rd, 2021 10:27

For today's newsletter so far I only have two topics (dogs + first aid).
I am currently at the baltic sea and the internet here is really slow. I will try to find a spot with better internet.
Until then I will postpone sending the newsletter until Monday. I hope that is ok, but it looks like there was nothing urgent to communicate until today luckily. So Monday latest we will have this one going out.

Next newsletter as planned next Friday.

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 20th, 2021 17:05

Hello hello, what else do we need in this weeks newsletter?
If you know already it would be great to insert it as soon as possible here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xJofwsXqPajriUKB_DZEZVxhSQ2tZ3VEqZR8Sq5XXBw/edit?usp=sharing

So far I know of these topics:

+Dogs at Kiez Burn
+First Aid

What else? @Veroca R. Sala @Franzi ? :-)

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 16th, 2021 10:51

it is uploaded

Myriam TheWanderer

Myriam TheWanderer July 15th, 2021 16:42

@Nora Flora - I updated the spreadsheet for tomorrow, all the information is included. If anything is unclear or missing please do let me know. Thank you!

Myriam TheWanderer

Myriam TheWanderer July 15th, 2021 16:28

@Nora Flora - great, I will finish up my information and put it in the Newsletter doc above. Thank you!

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 15th, 2021 13:58

Regarding the topic of people saying they do not receive the newsletter...

Please always check Spam and Promotional Folders.
Before the next newsletter goes out tomorrow I will upload our most up-to-date ticketholder list.
If you encounter people that don't get the NL... ask them to check Spam/Promotional Folders and if there is really nothing I need their email address. So far I did not receive any concrete cases but I am happy to look into it.
Thanks.

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 15th, 2021 13:53

Yes all in the Doc including Fundraiser/Precomp. I just forgot that here in my list on talk. Sorry.

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 15th, 2021 13:47

@Purzel

Yes will be included. Your input is here. https://talk.kiezburn.org/d/w90EFymM/comment/7416?utm_campaign=discussion_mailer&utm_medium=email&utm_source=user_mentioned I will check your text and the other text and combine or see what makes sense...

👤

Anonymous July 15th, 2021 13:46

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala July 15th, 2021 12:31

Also the invitation fundriasers 🤗

I personally consider all in the drive doc has to go. Except for the dogs that could wait till next edition . Thanks thanks thanks!!!

We are linking them to talk threads mostly.im not sure which FAQ you mean (?) Website?

I know we want to keep info short but we just have a lot to say and I trust participants can/want to take 5 minutes reading considering it is not a promotional email I think they will read. No?

Purzel

Purzel July 15th, 2021 11:19

Will the part about cooking include the fire regulations that I wrote up? I don't remember exactly in which of our many shout out thread I posted the text 😉

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 15th, 2021 10:57

In tomorrows newsletter we have planned so far:

Extension for the Performance & Workshop registration deadline
Transport info for Kieze
Info regarding cooking (or last-minute camp creation) for free campers
Fire safety
Fundraiser/Precomp
Vehicle registration info
Reminder low-income tickets
Survival guide callout
Pussoirs voting

Anything else super important that I missed or that cannot wait until next week? Otherwise looks super full already. Is all this info saved somewheres people can check without searching in old newsletters? Could we still make this available in an FAQ or do I just not know that this exists?
@Veroca R. Sala @Myriam TheWanderer @Jarrod Wright @Franzi @everyoneelse ... Let me know and comment here or insert directly into the doc for 16.07. above. . :-)
Thank you.

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 15th, 2021 10:54

Thank you 🙏 @Veroca R. Sala Will all be included.

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 15th, 2021 10:50

Hi @Myriam TheWanderer Can you provide your summary (or just the facts and I write the text!) until tomorrow morning please? Thank you.
Ideally, if there is a link to more info on the web then we really just need a small text for the newsletter.

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 15th, 2021 10:49

Will be included tomorrow. Thank you! @Jarrod Wright

👤

Anonymous July 15th, 2021 10:47

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala July 14th, 2021 11:03

Hey @Nora Flora i took the advantage to update this thread with the docs for the next releases to ease the work, ill share the link with other realizers if they want to add in something.

Would be nice to add in the body of the thread which is the hard deadline for us realizers (?)

Until what time could we make last-minute changes before the newsletter is sent out? There are always final adjustments. A time would be very nice to have.
This is the file for the Friday 16.07 edition

updated

Jarrod Wright

Jarrod Wright July 13th, 2021 20:43

@Nora Flora The deadline to have a workshop/performance/DJ set printed in the physical program has been extended to the 18th July 23:59. Camp Leads, make sure your program has been submitted fully and properly through the capture form at the top of the Workshops and Performances talk thread (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfx0xCcb1VPZwF66SKQhg8MKx8Bw7S6D8JItFqsIYTffCpJog/viewform). This is the absolute final deadline, submissions received after this will ONLY be shown in the digital version of the program. Thank you!!

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala July 13th, 2021 17:11

Sounds good to me!

where do you want us to drop the content? shall we have one drive doc for each upcoming newsletter release so we can all add in as we go? I think hat would be easier, also i can pass on the link to the drive doc to other realizers, better than linking people to the thread as people gets distracted in with the comments and all gets mixed up, content + comments 😆


I would find it useful to add these potential drive doc links to the body of this thread and like with big headings, so that realizers really know where to drop their content and when are the releases.

Like this and linked each to one doc;


Friday 16.7.

Friday 23.7.

Friday 30.7.

Monday 2.8.

thanks!!!❤️

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 13th, 2021 11:49

Hi @Franzi @Veroca R. Sala I suppose as we are really close to the event now we could plan 1 newsletter a week. Deadline for content the day before at 12 noon.
Friday 16.7./Friday 23.7./Friday 30.7./Monday 2.8.
After the event:
Friday 23.8./Friday 30.8.

If we have more to communicate we could of course send an extra one some weeks.
I don't know yet what will be communicated when, but I can set up a structure of a weekly one up until 2 weeks after the event and content contributions via Google Sheets. Does that sound ok? Other suggestions welcome.

👤

Anonymous July 13th, 2021 11:48

Franzi

Franzi July 12th, 2021 10:35

@Nora Flora @Daisy it would be great to have a newsletter schedule set up between now and post event. It feels it's a bit chaotic and too spontaneous right now. Could you set this up? Maybe this could be combined with a process to co-create the newsletter? so the info arrives for you in a structured way.

For example @Saskia (The Fuzzy Facilitator) and I would like to send out the census via newsletter right after the burn. but I dont know where to put this? when this would be? what you need? and so on

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala July 12th, 2021 10:32

I also don't know when exactly are the next newsletter releases

Myriam TheWanderer

Myriam TheWanderer July 12th, 2021 10:09

Hi @Veroca R. Sala @Nora Flora - The vehicle permit registration will be from the 19th to the 28th of July - I want to write a small summary this week for the newsletter and FB - I just should know when the next one goes out for the deadline. I will post in on FB with link on Saturday or Sunday

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala July 12th, 2021 09:56

Yes @Nora Flora there is a lot to read😱: I paste here all information that I've seen around talk

  • We also have vehicle registration coming soon (on the 17th if im not mistaken @Myriam TheWanderer

  • We also wanna tell participant they can still register activities for the program digital version. The printed version submission ended yesterday . They can do this in the same thread https://talk.kiezburn.org/d/n7wcWbyu/-workshops-performances-registration-process-

  • Also a message for dreamers as it says In this link :

https://m.facebook.com/groups/kiezburn/permalink/3036177719961836/?refid=18&__tn__=-R

  • For the kieze: 🏕️Attention Kieze!

    Do you need to organize the logistics to move all the Kiez gear to the site? keep reading, this is gonna be of your interest!

    🌿There is an initiative from the Kieze to the Kieze to self organize this,

    🚛Participate to get a spot in the transport and move your gear to site, get involved in the Talk thread to help pull communal effort for the benefit of your Kiez and your neighboring Kieze.

    🌸As usual: Find the glorious Spreadsheet linked in there to list your needs.

    go to > Kieze Shared trasport Talk

  • And a big message for free campers:

    We heard some rumors that these creatures are eager to cook but can't use a gas cooker! Then, they shall come together and work some magic to survive!

    How hard do you think it could be to set up a kitchen? Not that much really! We facilitate some information on the Freecampers Thread here.

    You might be asking yourself, "Well, if we're getting together to build a kitchen, how hard would it be to push it a bit further and create a camp?"

    We like your thinking!

    Find some information on this in the same thread, and find out how you can step up your game and create a stronger experience for yourself, your friends and the community, while securing a beautiful spot on site!

    (Free campers will have to be on the field next to the parking this year)

Professor Kaos

Professor Kaos July 12th, 2021 09:17

Hi @Nora Flora I have sent you an updated ticket list, some of the ticket holders might have purchased tickets recently.

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 11th, 2021 19:52

Hi @Kate. There is one list for ticket holders that was given to me and the last few mails went to everyone on that list.
You are welcome of course to check in Mailchimp if you see a problem.

I think the mails might be in the Spam or (or Promotion folder in Gmail) or it is possible that some email providers bounce Mailchimp emails if they landed in Spam too often/were unopened.
These people should definitely check Spam folder. If there is nothing there let me know which email addresses so we can check.

Kate

Kate July 11th, 2021 12:56

Hi @Nora Flora, there is feedback from some burners that they don't receive all newsletters (for me the mails arrive, for some others too). This is really weird... 📫 Maybe the mailing lists are the problem, or some mails get stuck because we need to upgrade our plan? Are we sending the messages to Verein members/the general list and/or ticket holders? It could be that too few lists have been selected and/or some email addresses have not yet landed on the distribution list (Verteiler). If you don't have so much time atm to double check, I can have a look as well (only I don't have access data). Perhaps the solution is also quite simple and they need to check their spam folder.

Myriam TheWanderer

Myriam TheWanderer July 11th, 2021 12:40

Hi Nora - sorry if I missed it, but when is the next newsletter going out?

Nora Flora

Nora Flora July 11th, 2021 12:02

Hi @Jack I've just included the poll in the newsletter. Sorry for the late reply. I have been offline for a while and I do not get talk notifications in time it seems.

Jack

Jack July 6th, 2021 18:17

Hi @Nora Flora please mention in the newsletter this poll: https://talk.kiezburn.org/d/UhuOEPa3/general-toilets-thread-key-info-here/25. Please also mention that in order to vote people need to use their talk account (or sign up), join the Toilet Group (05) and the subgroup in order to vote. If they have joined the group and still cant vote we will manually invite them so their voice is heard :) The poll closes on the 17. July

Jack

Jack July 4th, 2021 07:34

Also could you tell me who i can contact for posting this link on Facebook as well 😃 (once I have worked out how to allow anyone to vote on the poll)

Jack

Jack July 4th, 2021 07:24

Hi @Nora Flora and @Daisy do you know when the next newsletter is going out? I have this poll that I created which I would like to be “promoted”, ie giving people going to kiezburn the opportunity to vote on it. As I’m relatively new to talk, do I need to do anything special to “open up” the poll for voting? https://talk.kiezburn.org/p/K4I8pvcx.

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala June 24th, 2021 20:20

Yes dogs and bus can wait! Thanks!!!

Nora Flora

Nora Flora June 24th, 2021 20:04

Below are the collected newsletter topics for tomorrow.
It is a lot and we had 2 newsletters last week. If something can really wait let me know. (Maybe dogs or bus can wait till next one?)

--> Dreams voting starts
→ Workshops & performances registration opens
--> Rangers needed
--> Updated fire safety
--> Underworld Fundraiser
--> Dogs
--> No bus - organise who you get there!

Otherwise, I will try to make each subject short and concise. 👍

Please add text/content/photos in the doc here if you haven't yet regarding your topic.

Keep it simple and sweet so people will read ;-)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BvPYrYmirELXlkT8Yf64f58kzwRsSbymJqbDwOy2diE/edit?usp=sharing

Cris

Cris June 24th, 2021 17:36

Liebe @Daisy & @Nora Flora

Rangers Leads Heroes still being search for Friday evening, Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday morning.

It'd be great, if you could put this in the newsletter again (until we fill them)

RANGER LEAD - Unfold your superpower 
You are an experienced Ranger? We need you! Take on a shift and join the Ranger-Crew.

Volunteerspreadsheet

@Jessie

Kate

Kate June 24th, 2021 17:13

Thank you so much!!!! I didn't want to push, there was only some confusion about when/if the dreams voting will be announced in the newsletter :) Vero sent a few more updates for the newsletter, I will put everything inside your shiny draft document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BvPYrYmirELXlkT8Yf64f58kzwRsSbymJqbDwOy2diE/edit

Nora Flora

Nora Flora June 24th, 2021 15:13

Hi can put it together tonight and send out in the morning. 👍

Kate

Kate June 24th, 2021 14:23

Dear @Daisy & @Nora Flora, do you need support for the upcoming newsletter? 📫 It would be super important to inform all ticket holders on time that voting for dreams starts tomorrow (the voting period is very short, and only announcing it via FB & Telegram would exclude the burners who only use old-fashioned email). 💰 Let's motivate everyone to spend their shiny coins! If you've got a lot on your plate right now, I can totally offer you help with this – I did most of the mailings back in 2019 and we could duplicate last time's newsletter for the basic structure. Just get in touch with me 😽

Also, there have been some hot discussions about fire & safety on social media... especially critical for free campers. Unfortunately, we have to be very restrictive because of the expected fire hazard level of 4 or 5. @Hans updated the rules here: https://talk.kiezburn.org/d/e7tCUY4X/fire-safety-and-security-/12 would be great if we can include this as well!

Sunniva

Sunniva June 23rd, 2021 15:43

Dear @Daisy & @Nora Flora, could you please include the following in an upcoming newsletter? Not urgent, but at latest some weeks before the event would be great.

"DOGS ON PROBATION FOR KIEZ BURN 2021

We will have a Dog Lead + 6 dogs at Kiez Burn this year! Unlike many other burn environments, Kiez Burn offers a particularly dog-friendly environment at Freiland. For this year’s Kiez Burn, there will be a test run with up to 6 registered dogs onsite as well as a Dog Lead present at all times. 


You can find the detailed agreements and guidelines for this arrangement on Talk. All dogs will be supervised by a Responsible Human at any given time, and on leash when walking around onsite. They will not be allowed in the First Aid Tent, Welfare or any kitchen areas. Camps and art installations can choose if their area is dog-friendly or not. If you have any concerns about dogs at Kiez Burn, please reach out to Dog Leads Sunniva or Hanna-Maija."

Thanks ❤️

Diarmaid

Diarmaid June 23rd, 2021 10:15

I will write up a guide on how to vote later today or tomorrow

Diarmaid

Diarmaid June 23rd, 2021 10:10

Link is https://kiezburn.dream.wtf/kb21

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala June 21st, 2021 20:20

@Nora Flora next newsletter edition

@Professor Kaos @Diarmaid shall we announce the next newsletter to ticket holders on the 24th of June?
Dream voting is PRIMER INFO on the newsletter!

Dream voting starts today! You have only one week to vote.

- Link to the platform @Diarmaid which exact link to use?

- let's write up with @Melinda Gonzalez @Ariel @Daniel Klein a good copy for this. Short and concise on how to use the tokens (?)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In eget.

  • Gas cookers will not be allowed to free campers because of fire hazard risk. Hippie-free camper find your way around the gas cooker! we recommend you make use of your radical self-reliance skills or train your communal effort and create or join a camp. Visit the kieze thread for more info. more info coming via survival guide

    https://talk.kiezburn.org/d/hNmsYJL7/2021-kieze-registration-and-facilitation

  • Announce there will not be a general/ central bus ride. Hippies can start to organize their ride here

  • Are you an experienced Ranger? sign up to rangers lead shifts here . To do so please not only put your name down on the list but also send an email requesting your shift to volunteer.kiezburn@gmail.com

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala June 18th, 2021 13:58

Next newsletter: To announce there will not be a general bus. So hippies can start organize their ride. I dont think ppl is in the know about this. Thanks ❤️

Jessie

Jessie June 17th, 2021 10:46

Since the call for Ranger-Leads didn't make it in the newsletter, I apply again:
RANGER LEAD - Unfold your superpower
You are an experienced Ranger? We need you! Take on a shift and join the Ranger-Crew. @Nora Flora @Cris

Jessie

Jessie June 17th, 2021 10:33

Would have been great to tell me that earlier. I was working :-/

Bee

Bee June 17th, 2021 07:17

Also need a Toilet Realizer!!! Shit Meister is a very important job and will earn lifetime KB respect!

Bee

Bee June 17th, 2021 07:16

Your document is view only still babe, I can't add anything atm. I have to head to therapy pretty soon but will free again at 11 to do a little write up. 💛

Nora Flora

Nora Flora June 17th, 2021 07:06

Totally agree about the length, to keep it short, but a reminder for Dreams can be short and a section on open roles is not big either - the ones we really need - so just let me know which.

Nora Flora

Nora Flora June 17th, 2021 07:05

Ok so no other roles at all to advertise?! @Veroca R. Sala
Rangers needed too as it was stated here in the chat @Jessie

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala June 17th, 2021 07:00

don't have access I would only announce dreams submit ends + the following and nothing else

Kiez Burn needs a Safety Requirement Lead, a direct ticket for this Unicorn!

You have experience in Event Safety and/or legal requirements/Law and can set up the safety requirements for Build, Site signage, Camps, Art Cars. This is a pre-event role and can be done remotely. Read more about the role here, hit the comments on that thread, or contact volunteer.kiezburn@gmail.com if you are interested in the role.

more information ppl might not read it, we had already a very long newsletter last time, lets keep it short, no?

Nora Flora

Nora Flora June 17th, 2021 06:45

ROLES:
Which roles are still to fill and should be communicated in the newsletter today? @Bee @Veroca R. Sala @Franzi Otherwise, I can also just repeat the call from Monday.

DREAMS:
Do you still need a Dream Guide call??? I will put the call to submit Dreams in the newsletter. @lord

In case of changes, please add info directly here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QUWLU5MLfw2KfMV3YB72VTbnZg0D7j9LYprEuwgTkxo/edit?usp=sharing

Nora Flora

Nora Flora June 17th, 2021 06:42

@Bee Can you throw in what to put in the Newsletter here before 12?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QUWLU5MLfw2KfMV3YB72VTbnZg0D7j9LYprEuwgTkxo/edit?usp=sharing
Thank you!!!

Nora Flora

Nora Flora June 17th, 2021 06:42

@Jessie Do you have 1 or 2 more sentences you'd like to communicate regarding the role or team?
Please add here before 12.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QUWLU5MLfw2KfMV3YB72VTbnZg0D7j9LYprEuwgTkxo/edit?usp=sharing

Nora Flora

Nora Flora June 17th, 2021 06:41

@Jarrod Wright Please put your text or pictures in here before 12.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QUWLU5MLfw2KfMV3YB72VTbnZg0D7j9LYprEuwgTkxo/edit?usp=sharing

Veroca R. Sala

Veroca R. Sala June 16th, 2021 16:18

@Cairn (Clément)

Bee

Bee June 16th, 2021 13:18

See Nora's post underneath & add to the document what needs to go out!

Jarrod Wright

Jarrod Wright June 15th, 2021 19:50

Hey @Daisy @Nora Flora As the Program Realizer I'd like to add to the newsletter to ticket holders that is due to be released on the 17.06. What is the best way for me to provide this bitte? Danke!🤗

Bee

Bee June 15th, 2021 11:27

Don't have permission to edit for now so gonna put this here as a placeholder (KORG & Realizers meeting notes). Will write a little synopsis on the document too. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sZuJ-UHw5pn2NZpgRYV6zu0TVwqDHKxF88LCW5a1iVI/edit?usp=sharing

Jessie

Jessie June 15th, 2021 09:47

Dear lovely Newsletter-Team,
I'm the Ranger Realizer and it would be great, if you guys could give out the information in the next newsletter, that we desperately looking for Ranger-Leads. They need to have Ranger Experience (no matter which Burn). Thanks in advance.
@Cris

Nora Flora

Nora Flora June 14th, 2021 23:51

Ok, hope my dry humour in the intro was not too much in the newsletter. 🙈 (But we got a lot of clicks.) Let me know if there's complaints.

Otherwise gimme stuff for the next nl, going out this Thursday morning.
Drop it in here until Wednesday night.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QUWLU5MLfw2KfMV3YB72VTbnZg0D7j9LYprEuwgTkxo/edit?usp=sharing