talk.kiezburn.org
Fri 23 Jul 2021 6:49AM

CENSUS 2021 - What else do we want to know?

S Saskia Public Seen by 189

Dear realizers, dear everyone,

I am taking over the census, together with Pablo & @Alejandro.

To compare over years, the questions we already ask will stay the same.

Still, I would like to hear from YOU:

Which questions are interesting for you? Are there maybe changes you implemented this year as realizer and wish to receive feedback? Were you missing vital information about Kiez Burn participants that you would have liked to know?

We strive to keep the census short and do-able, so not all questions can be added. But I kinda figured that realizers have never been asked before. ;)

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Fri 23 Jul 2021 8:48AM

Hey, thanks for doing this ❤️

From Volunteers Uncoordination:

I always wanted to measure what is the level of participation of free campers. Like, do they take shifts on-site? how many? do they give workshops?

P

Pablo Sun 25 Jul 2021 3:06PM

Nice thead :)

I'm a bit concerned about getting correct info for all cases. For example, if we try to measure the % of free camper participation, it might be that only very involved free campers reply to the census form and we get an inflated reading.

We could address this by doing a small Kiez Burn on-site survey, for example Saturday during the day, asking 50 random people things where we really need precise answers. Could even be fun to do it in scientist-character. Just an idea :) What do you think @Saskia (The Fuzzy Facilitator)?

CY

CJ Yetman Sun 25 Jul 2021 7:17PM

Or reason why they did not join a camp/kiez. Saw that recently in a Nowhere census.

P

Purzel Sun 25 Jul 2021 7:32PM

Could be intresting to ask how many ended up with a full vax status, I often heard that people managed to get it in time.

S

Saskia Mon 26 Jul 2021 9:07AM

So, when working with opt-in surveys, the self-selection bias (i.e. only the opinions of people motivated to fill out the survey are registered) is always an issue and cannot really be avoided.

Whereas I generally like the idea of an on-site survey, I assume you mean it as an additional source of information and voices and I really really do like the idea. Can you help me with the scientist outfit ;)?
I have almost no capacity to plan this part of our little project.

P

Pablo Mon 26 Jul 2021 9:24AM

i can get us outfits ;) if you bring your own glasses.

for that we simply need to agree on the questions, and choose which ones we need on-site vs on the online form. they would come as separate reports

C

Cris Tue 27 Jul 2021 1:49PM

Excellent idea, thank you!

I'd love to know about the perception and usage of our Burn (and non Burn) Structures. I'm not sure this was in the census already, but just in case. Tagging realizers here to add up/edit the questions.

• did you ever use Welfare? Was it easy to find? Were the people available and nice? @River Aleks

• Did you ever contact a Ranger? Were they easy to find, available and nice? @Jessie

• did you take over a Ranger shift? How was the experience? What was missing?

• How was the Gate experience? @Mareike

• Experience with firemarshalls, security and first aid. @Purzel

P

Purzel Tue 27 Jul 2021 2:19PM

I'd be curious although we could get information about how many went to first aid and roughly what for via our company. But maybe would be interesting how people feel interacting with them. I heard that some felt starred at by the FD.

K

Kaliope Thu 19 Aug 2021 5:00PM

Thank you @Saskia (The Fuzzy Facilitator) @Pablo @Alejandro 👏

There has been very ambiguous feedback on the site – some people loved it while some burners felt way too restricted (sound regulations/neighbours, no swimming)... Every now and then there is a suggestion to look for another location (but it is very difficult). Maybe you wanna dig deeper into this topic?

I'd be interested to compare feedback on sound with our 2019 census as well (maybe you have some more input @Tim Menuridae @Roko @Jan-Christian Kaspareit @Quentin)!

• Can we ask people if there was too much/enough/too little overall music playtime?

• Volume: Too loud/perfect/too silent?

• Too many/enough/not enough sound camps 🤔

Also, I would find it important to know if and why some burners (didn't) feel included or comfortable. For example, there were great posters on the toilets – however, I have heard from individuals that this advice was not always respected (for example, when it comes to trans awareness or consent).

R

Roko Thu 19 Aug 2021 5:23PM

would like to know how much the contract with freiland was complied too by asking the kieze realizers if their area was given to them as promised (our gras was mowed way too late and there was glas everywhere under the gras).

Load More