Only 18% of dreams tokens spent - proposal
Currently, about 18% of tokens were spent.
I would like to propose to do 2 things:
1. extend voting deadline to the 5th of May
2. Send out a personal email to all ticket holders to please remind them to vote, only focused on the dreams platform
Why do I believe this low % to be a problem?
- it is much harder to distill the community's dream token spending preference from such a limited % of participation
- about 80% of our community is not engaging with the artists & dreams, which is a loss to both participation in terms of helping realize projects + a loss in terms of excitement about Kiez Burn.
- participation begets more participation. Once people see our vision alive, see the co-creation happening, they will be more inspired to participate even more.
why extend the deadline?
I believe we made a mistake in placing the deadline voting close date=date last submission dream. This means that people will wait with voting until the last moment.
By extending the voting deadline, we do not have that problem
how to get ppl to vote?
The communicorns are the best ppl for this, so I made a thread there to discuss it: https://talk.kiezburn.org/d/ALZ5ncfi/dream-tokens-getting-ppl-to-vote?fbclid=IwAR20H5gCJl2a3FdMTSj4V8ijwxnyp2x31GRdziX4YiAqaAn21s4p2qIVJzE
Poll Created Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:59PM
Address Dreams last-minute issues (extending deadline, infrastructure grants & communication) Closed Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:00PM
We will fund the infrastructure dreams, extend voting deadline till the 5th of may and send a personal email (discussion w/communicorns on how to send that email- feel free to join)
We have about 20% participation rate in voting on the dreams platform. In addition, people are confused about infrastructure dreams (is it funded by KBORG or not?).
Because of the above, I propose to:
1. ASAP fund the infrastructure dreams with the amount of the production budget tokens previously agreed & communicated (more info)
2. Extend token voting deadline until 5th of May
3. Send out a personal email to all ticket holders to please remind them to vote (discussion w/communicorns - feel free to join)
Discussions regarding unspent token distribution - this proposal does not cover this
|Results||Option||% of points||Voters|
||Agree||89.5%||17||CK MM A BF P V SL JB DU G DR AK S H M|
|Undecided||0%||50||L RF F KI C VF K Ø O K RN T EL M|
19 of 69 people have voted (27%)
Tue 23 Apr 2019 4:05PM
I agree, but only if there is a way not to send this email to people who already voted. I hate spam...
Tue 23 Apr 2019 4:07PM
- YES! 2. Not too sure. But as there is 1st May in that week i guess not a lot of buying materials and building and making will happen anyway..? 3. YES!
Tue 23 Apr 2019 4:21PM
Good proposals - I would supplement with a FB campaign once all the details are clear
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:34PM
I appreciate every action that’s going to be taken. Extending deadlines seems like a good idea. Also gives us some time. @svendudink : will people be able to apply for power in time when they get the results of the dreams voting at the 5th/6th of may?
Wed 24 Apr 2019 8:26AM
I agree in principle but believe point 1 should be amended. I disagree with the printed program (fresh and expensive MOOP in the making, let's go digital/PDF as at Borderland please!) being selected as important infrastructure piece over eco-toilets (!!) and believe Kborg-financed dreams should be removed from Dreams platform if synthetic (i.e. not voting) token allocation takes place.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 12:02PM
I would also recommend stopping new dreams being made. I only found out that the deadline had been extended a few days ago, so comms is already fucked and only a few late-comers will miss the boat. The trade-off means that our current volunteers can focus very well on the task at hand and not get torn apart by countless more confused messages and effectivley UNFUNDABLE dreams. New dreams cannot get funded anyways, we're already over our budget ;)
Wed 24 Apr 2019 2:31PM
I would prefer the process to should finish as we defined it, cause right now we are changing election laws while already being inside the last election day, cause we don't like the results. Close the vote, close the submission, define fallback as soon as possible and make a vote on it, by the way as of midday 24.04 dreams platform was down.