talk.kiezburn.org

2021 Dreams & DreamGuiding

VRS Veroca R. Sala Public Seen by 93

Important Links for 2021:

Dreamers Manual: The handbook for applying for an arts grant!

Dreams Mastersheet: The spreadsheet with all details about 2021 Dreams

Sharing Materials for Dreams Spreadsheet: for artist and volunteer collaboration

Dreams Platform: Where Dreams are published and can be viewed/ voted for.

What is a Dream?

Dreams are the ideas for art, performances, workshops, communal spaces and experiences that Dreamers wish to create and bring to the burn. Dreamers who need funding to bring their Dream to life can apply for a grant, funded by ticket sales. Each artist/Dreamer will have a Dream Guide who can help them and who will point out potential problems/issues (like safety / permits/ LNT / placement).

A voting process determines which Dreams will be funded. Everyone who buys a ticket can allocate 10 “tokens” to their favorite Dreams.

What is a Dream Guide:

Dream guides are the people working in the background to enable artists to make their Dreams reality. Dream Guides review the dream applications, get in touch with the Dreamers & answer questions. But most importantly: Dream guides get to work with an amazing team to shape the future of the Dreams Process 2021.

If you’d like to be a Guide, join our Telegram group here, or just comment below!

Background - Where we are at now

The Team

After the Realizers meeting on the 17th of February, a small group of awesomes has been consolidated these are:

@Diarmaid - TouchPoint Dreams Platform (Robot Ministry) Korg member

@Lis Dream Guide/Co-creator

@Frana Dream Guide/Co-creator

@Ariel - Dream Guide/Co-creator

@Alina

@Estelle - Dream Guide/Co-creator

@Johannes Klöppner - Dream Guide/Co-creator

@fox (Daniel Klein) - Dream Guide/Co-creator

@Melinda Gonzalez - Dream Guide/Co-creator

@Nadja - Dream Guide/Co-creator

joined the team? tag yourself!

Master sheet:

Dreams Master sheet is here pass by and check it out!

Meetings

TIMELINE

18.06 Dream submission ends: 18 June

(Dreams approval: 6 days)

24.06 Voting begins: 

30.06 Voting Ends at Midnight

04.07 Dreams budgets calculated by this Date. Initial dream budget can be found here: https://github.com/Diemo-zz/KiezBurnTokenRedistribution under the results.md file.

13.07 Deadline for acceptance of dream funding

?? Second round of funding from cancelled dreams

L

Leonie Mon 21 Jun 2021 9:00PM

Hi there, I was told more Dream Guides are needed and I'm here to turn some dreams into reality if possible :) What I know so far: Read Guide, go to Mastersheet and check out dreams, pick one / a few dreams and communicate with them, help them get their dream applications right etc. otherwise I'm pretty lost but motivated. Anything in particular I need to look out for/know?

D

Diarmaid Mon 21 Jun 2021 10:03AM

Meeting today at 2PM for a communal dream review. Location is Holzmarkt 25 - come find the person with blue hair

V

Vlad Sat 19 Jun 2021 12:53PM

Do you need more dream guides?

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Wed 16 Jun 2021 4:58PM

added the timeline

18.06 Dream submission ends: 18 June

(Dreams approval: 6 days)

24.06 Voting begins: 

30.06 Voting Ends at Midnight

04.07 Dreams budgets calculated by this Date. Dreamers may only get their minimum budget until the final KB permit is released

SD

Sven Dudink Tue 8 Jun 2021 6:23AM

@Diarmaid @Lis @Frana @Ariel @Alina, also known as Universe @Johannes @Daniel Klein @Melinda Gonzalez @Nadja

Hi there dream Team, thank you guys for your awesome work guiding the dreamers to create their dreams,

i notice that 3 of the dreams have power in them, they have a budget dedicated to power:
KB interstellar radio
Video art coven
the dimension doors

BUT, their money is no good at power,

we give them power for free,
only dreams who are placed inside the kiez need to get their power from the kiez(who needs to pay), other dreams are free

Love & Hugs

Sven

(Power Lead)

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Fri 4 Jun 2021 4:09PM

Hey thanks for keeping all meeting notes here ! nice!

MG

Melinda Gonzalez Tue 6 Apr 2021 2:20PM

✨🌟Dreams Registration is Open! ⭐✨🌟  The Dreams Team would like to invite you to submit your proposal for arts grants funding for Kiez Burn 2021. Yay!! As the number of participants is uncertain, potential Dreamers should understand:

> No arts budget is guaranteed; the total could be anywhere between 1000€ and €15K (if the burn happens at all)

> Voting may need to happen very quickly once ticket sales begin.

> Artists may only have a month- or even less- to organize/ create their Dream, once the amount of their grant funding is finally certain...

📌...If that’s all good, feel free to first read the Dreamer Manual here!

📌...and then register and write your Dream grant application here:

👉👉👉 All Artists are encouraged to post their dreams, even those who aren’t seeking funding (for example, to get some good for exposure/ free advertising).

MG

Melinda Gonzalez Fri 26 Mar 2021 1:36AM

Hi @Karlo great feedback, I totally understand that frustration! Last year, different artists had very different experiences with their dream guides (depending, mainly, on how engaged and informed the guide decided to be. Unfortunately, the process is a bit complicated I’m guessing many new guides also had trouble wading through the information and understanding the process, and therefore we’re not able to help as much as would have been ideal. I think we can talk to guides this year (and edit the guide handbook) to encourage guides to communicate, to be available, to work through problems together if neither party fully understands what to do.

K

Karlo Tue 16 Mar 2021 10:28AM

Let me recommend something.. from my experience and my work frustration of only online connections and systems which I am forced to work with:
Bring the human experience and the value of a human voice and spirit and support back to the culture..
Provide a human support to artists
Create a telephone number or art emergency calls for artist and help them to fill the dreams with dreams..to become reality.

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Mon 15 Mar 2021 3:55PM

I wonder if there is someone out there in the community willing to design a sort of digital booklet with the Dreamers guidelines so that is more inviting to read by artists that have a more sensitive eye for aesthetics, what do u think @Melinda Gonzalez ? I could make a call out on FB ... just once we have the content of the manual ready ...

Load More