talk.kiezburn.org

2020 [Meeting] Kickstart Dreams 2020

W walto Public Seen by 33

Meeting description

The Dreams platform is live! We just need to start it all again this year. We want to align with all of us how we now actually do this stuff. Goal: launch Kiez Burn Dreams ASAP!

There are some topics we need to fix:

• how to stimulate more "Art" or "big art", which is one of the painpoints we identified last year

• Clearer infrastructure project funding (if there is a need for this?)

also, we can discuss a proposal regarding people purchasing extra dream tokens when buying a ticket.

And we need the following people:

• Dream guides for the first dream projects coming in

• Lead(s) for the Dream process & platform

• someone taking care of the tech in March (Flo is off)

More info: https://talk.kiezburn.org/d/XHhwWky3/setting-up-dreams-platform-process

Meeting roles

Role

Who does it?

@Paul aka Khromo

Note keeper

@Saskia (The Fuzzy Facilitator)

Time keeper

@Clément

AGENDA

If you have topics to add, either immediately edit the thread and add these in, or make a comment & ask to add it in the agenda. Practice consensual do-ocracy on this matter.

Topic

Time allocated

Introduction round

10-30 seconds per person

Update on Dreams platform + tech input

3 minutes

Go over learnings last year + proposal regarding mecenas dream tokens (Waldo)

7 minutes

Discuss 1st problem we want to tackle

tbd

Discuss 2nd problem we want to tackle

tbd

Agree on a timeline

Assign to-dos:

• make dream description this year

• ticketing system to dreams flow

• dream token value definition

• plan how we do token redistribution (proposals?)

• test budget filling flow

• rework the questions dreamers need to fill out when submitting a dream

Documentation

Time & place

Burner Embassy, 19:30 on the 4th of March

posted on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/190137032303487/

Meeting notes

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m2lvad4XutKqT4nx_vqW40BesHNgee7dET8GTCc2VJY/edit?usp=sharing

W

walto Thu 27 Feb 2020 6:00PM

super happy you are joining :) Feel free to take on the job as moderator. I personally believe you could avoid people feeling annoyed if you get buy-in at the beginning of the meeting on the method of moderation. Maybe something to try out? cu on the 4th!

PAK

Paul aka Khromo Thu 27 Feb 2020 1:03PM

Can and am willing to help with anything except the tech side of things.
I'll be coming from the artist angle so can give input on what will or will not bring in more art, be it big art or "regular-size" art (whatever that means!)

Have experience moderating meetings before, but am VERY strict with content and people going off-topics (fair warning, it annoyed people in the past!)

Suggestions for inclusion of more art (still at the "idea" stage, so open to debate)
1 - Limit the amount of funding camps can apply for, as opposed to individuals and groups who are proposing dreams independent of camps.
2 - Prioritise dreams that will be located or performed outside of camps; e.g. - on art hill, the lake and so on.

Look forward to working with you all :)

F

Flo Thu 27 Feb 2020 11:37AM

Hey guys,
a quick update from my side.
Dreams 2.0 is working fine on my local machine but on the server where we were running the previeous dream website it's giving me a strange error that I wasn't able to resolve yet. I'll have to put some more time into this but it's a little difficult while I'm still working full time. I'll try to get it running this week and update you on the status here.
<3 Flo

W

walto Thu 27 Feb 2020 7:41PM

we basically thought that everyone being able to flag monsters to art projects or dreams, might result in more conflict + it is based on a "no dream guide" model, and instead guiding done by the participants. We didn't think we were ready for this + did not want to subject artists/dreamers to this kind of communication.

H

Henrik 🤖 Thu 27 Feb 2020 2:36PM

Yeah, your account role would need to be switched to admin. That's something well do when the setup is live

S

Saskia Thu 27 Feb 2020 1:49PM

Hei Khromo,

the monster feature is one of the new features that are included in Dreams 2.0 - all of the features can be turned off again and the discussion wether this is how we want to make dreams happen is up for debate.

If you want to see more:

In the slides from the last meeting I included screenshots of the changes in the Dreams Platform:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1NXS9FrQYhQI6SWFC7BuNLXhVVUHsJ_EIu5WpUeEIC3g/edit?usp=sharing

PAK

Paul aka Khromo Thu 27 Feb 2020 12:56PM

Sorry, but: what's the "monster" feature?!

S

Saskia Thu 27 Feb 2020 11:05AM

The monster feature is what we actually don't want, I think. But that's a point of discussion for the upcoming meeting.

With the current ways of interacting in the community we are not convinced that the monster-function will help but rather lead to more discern amongs participants. Also, we couldn't find out where the comments go which the person, who 'awakens the monster' types in.

The team feature is much more interesting. to have several people admit one dream and are able to make changes.

+ a side question: do you remember how I got access to the admin-functions last year? I remember being able to make changes to the dream, put it on 'vote', enable it and hide it. But going through the new platform on Florians machine I did not find the features and he was also not able to edit other peoples' dreams despite being logged in as admin.

H

Henrik 🤖 Thu 27 Feb 2020 8:48AM

Woah time is running quickly this year! I volunteer to Minister the Dreams-Robot until Flo is available again.

At the current state we still haven't got dreams 2.0 running, as there seems to be a problem with the integration of the kiezburn-specific changes we did last year. As a last resort I would just run Dreams 2.0 without our changes and integrate them one by one after going live. Alternatively we could run the same state that we had last year (with a fresh database of course). But the new dreams has this cool monster feature, so I'm in the "let's go with dreams 2.0 somehow" camp.

Love 🤖 H

(Can't tag flo here...grrr)

S

Saskia Thu 27 Feb 2020 10:58AM

Wed 4 Mar 2020 6:00PM
Thu 5 Mar 2020 6:00PM
Fri 6 Mar 2020 6:00PM
Tue 10 Mar 2020 6:00PM
Wed 11 Mar 2020 6:00PM

I can't make it at 7. My work ALWAYS goes until 7 minimum and then there is the time it takes to go to Alexx. So the 'maybes' are a 'yes I can BUT I will be late!'

Load More