How to run a Kiez Kitchen?
cost for kitchen?
Consensus seems to be: 3-5€ per person per day
washing up is best done in a series of stations, rather than in one big tub:
1. Clean plates over a bin
2. Rinse the plates (in dirty water) (water from step 3)
3. Clean the plates in soapy water (water from step 4, with washing up liquid)
4. Rinse the plates in clean water (with bleach)
5. Every time one of the tubs becomes too dirty, it moves to become the water at the previous step/station.
In order to minimize the number of hands in the basins, appoint a washing team to wash everything at once and discourage people to wash their own plate. Even if the washing shift might be a bit longer, in the end everybody will get their share a washing anyway.
** ALWAYS RINSE YOUR HANDS BEFORE COOKING, GET EVERYONE TO WASH THEIR HANDS BEFORE EATING** (see images attached)
- General Nowhere help on running a kitchen: https://www.goingnowhere.org/getinvolved/runakitchen?lang=en
- Werkhaus (the Kiezkitchen/Deine Mudda of Nowhere, cooking for 20-100 people) has a kitchen bible, this is the one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B78QnLm6KBTGS2FOQk1JN0lQYXM/view
- This is a folder of collected Nowhere wisdom on Kitchen, food and other kitchen-related things: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwMBuwg6aSk7eW1ac2NvNVJkbUk
- This is the facebook group where I got most of the info :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/754469841260661/