talk.kiezburn.org
Tue 15 Mar 2022 11:13AM

❓LABYRINTHS: Kiez Burn Theme 2022 (CLOSED)

K Kaliope Public Seen by 90

Let's gather ideas for our Kiez Burn 2022 theme and find a designer for graphics and wristbands 🔥

Theme Proposals:

Suggestions and voting closed. You can have a look at all proposals below.

• 15 March: proposals open

• 1 April: proposals close

• 16-23 April: voting for theme

• 24 April: Theme announcement – LABYRINTHS!

Get lost in the maze and come out as someone new. Find connection, surprise, joy, fear or awe at every turn. Help your fellow explorers finding their way through, and let them help you - but in the center of the labyrinth, find your peace alone with yourself. Lots of inspiration for decoration/costumes possible, given the quantity of labyrinths and labyrinthic creatures that populate mythology and pop culture!

Longlist

"AWAKENING"

"BLOOM"

feels like the last two years was a worldwide collective effort focused on survival. but now things are starting to shift... so how can we emerge into something more beautiful than previously existed? to shine brighter. to thrive with vigor. plus, who doesn't like flowers.

"BOUNCE" or "BOUNCE BACK"

"BURN LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST"

Last night I dreamt a post-catastrophe world , so first thing that came to my mind after was "Burn like it's your last", because of how we take for granted the opportunities that we "will" get in the future, thus many times we don't fully engage in our experiences, we don't express ourselves completely as we want to be and etc... But the dream, even though gloomy, was somehow optimistic, that while some social structures and norms had changed but we still had made it and were living on our only home, earth! So then it became “Burn like it's your last, LNT as it’s gonna last!”

"CONNECTED SOULS"

Kiez Burn is a place where strangers become soulmates, where you can find deep connections with others, where your dreams suddenly come true and your inner being can express the honest you. You find humans who share the same vision with you. You feel understood, appreciated, accepted and loved. Everything is possible. And the more you dive into the community, the more you are amazed by the power of connection. An invisible ribbon seems to hold the hive together. It feels like you've finally arrived where you belong.

"DYSTOPIAN DREAM LANDS"

"Why? Because the mad max theme runs rampant in the culture anyways, I am missing myself some black humor, I want to keep the hippies alienated and who doesn’t like some Orwellian realness served in times like this."

"EVERYONE DRESS UP AS DAVID BOWIE"

"GARDEN OF OREST"

In Greek mythology, Orestes or Orestis (/ɒˈrɛstiːz/; Greek: Ὀρέστης [oréstɛːs]) was the son of Clytemnestra and Agamemnon, and the brother of Electra. He is the subject of several Ancient Greek plays and of various myths connected with his madness and purification, which retain obscure threads of much older ones.

"LABYRINTHS"

Get lost in the maze and come out as someone new. Find connection, surprise, joy, fear or awe at every turn. Help your fellow explorers finding their way through, and let them help you - but in the center of the labyrinth, find your peace alone with yourself. Lots of inspiration for decoration/costumes possible, given the quantity of labyrinths and labyrinthic creatures that populate mythology and pop culture!

"LEAVE NO TRACE"

Celebrate an important principle! After 2021s clean up mission, it was clear that many took for granted what this principle truly means. Bottles left behind in camps for someone else to pick up, stuff left at storage, stuff left on site, even our own effigy which is the symbol of why we gather. Lets celebrate the fact that we are absolutely not a festival but a co-created event full of dedicated passionate people who wish to bring our dreams to life for a week. We build an impermanent city and then we leave as though it was never there. That is the heart of our true burning experience.

"MOTHER EARTH"

lets let not dictate our world by dictators and give them power about our world but let us worship our divine mother earth and nature instead and learn about sustainability

"NAPPING"

"RECONNECT"

"STURMFREI" or "HOME ALONE"

According to DeineMudda is not going to happen this year what do you think about of „sturmfrei/homealone“. Sturmfrei means also that we have to learn to grow up- which means getting in touch with our boarders, reach for the stars, and remove everything before the parents are coming back (LEAVE NO TRACE).

Proposer:
@Kate

The advice process

The first step in the advice process is to gather input and advice from experts and people affected (see realities): Before starting this proposal, I talked to Erin, who has taken the theme/graphics lead the last few times.

Information gathered before posting

I didn't gather much more information before I wrote this. This is a collective decision of the Kiez Burn 2022 community.

People/roles most affected by this proposal

• Everyone – you will have to live with this theme, it doesn’t help to burn your ticket :)

• Graphics person – @Cris offered to put the theme graphics together for the event and design the wristbands

People/roles with the most knowledge and experience relevant to this proposal:

• @Erin Jeavons-Fellows

The proposal

Background

INTERGALACTIC FAMILY

WILD AT HEART

(2020)

(WILD AT HOME)

FOREST OF ARDEN

LABYRINTHS

What theme would we consider to represent our journey back to Kiez Burn in 2022?

I liked Erin's idea of asking for a theme that encapsulates our collective journey through 2021 and 2022. We can also consider where we want to go. What's important to us as a community? Maybe putting our heads together we can think of something beautiful.

The proposal

Let's collect ideas and vote on one!

How would the proposal be implemented

In previous years we have collected the ideas on Facebook and Talk by a deadline and then conducted a vote. The one with the most votes wins. I propose for simplicity we can do that again but instead collect ideas on Talk & Discord and switch to Discord for voting, it’s more user friendly and currently has about 430 members (our 2022 Talk group has about 81 members).

Who would implement this proposal

Everyone by voting.

Open volunteer role: You love graphic design? Come on board as a volunteer, develop your own ideas and help with the practical implementation! You can get involved by commenting in this thread.

When would this proposal be implemented

Ideally 3 months before the event so that the tickets, graphics and social people have time to collaborate.

What would be the cost (time, money, effort, etc.) of this proposal

No cost to define a theme, let’s simply collect ideas on our channels and vote on Discord.

What are the advantages of this proposal (relative to the current situation and/or counter-proposals)

This proposal relates to the KB principles through communal effort and community. We will be united under a common theme that will encompass the entire event and the lead up to it. Everyone can vote.

Decision

A decision on the theme could be taken by the end of April giving us a month to collect and think of ideas. It will then give the graphics team a decent amount of time to create all the assets (and there are a lot of them) for the event.

C

Cris Tue 15 Mar 2022 1:02PM

I feel tempted to do the design this year 🤔

S

Saskia Tue 15 Mar 2022 9:22PM

Dystopian dreamlands.

Why? Because the mad max theme runs rampant in the culture anyways, I am missing myself some black humor, I want to keep the hippies alienated and who doesn’t like some Orwellian realness served in times like this.

If this triggers you in an unreasonable way I am sorry for throwing my coping mechanism at you. 😬

EJ

Erin Jeavons-Fellows Wed 16 Mar 2022 6:45AM

LEAVE NO TRACE

Celebrate an important principle!

After 2021s clean up mission, it was clear that many took for granted what this principle truly means. Bottles left behind in camps for someone else to pick up, stuff left at storage, stuff left on site, even our own effigy which is the symbol of why we gather.

Lets celebrate the fact that we are absolutely not a festival but a co-created event full of dedicated passionate people who wish to bring our dreams to life for a week. We build an impermanent city and then we leave as though it was never there. That is the heart of our true burning experience.

J

Jessie Wed 16 Mar 2022 10:02AM

CONNECTED SOULS

Kiez Burn is a place where strangers become soulmates, where you can find deep connections with others, where your dreams suddenly come true and your inner being can express the honest you. You find humans who share the same vision with you.
You feel understood, appreciated, accepted and loved. Everything is possible. And the more you dive into the community, the more you are amazed by the power of connection.
An invisible ribbon seems to hold the hive together. It feels like you've finally arrived where you belong.

W

wtf101 Sat 19 Mar 2022 9:16PM

As a Theme suggestion: according to DeineMudda is not going to happen this year what do you think about of „sturmfrei/homealone“

Sturmfrei means also that we have to learn to grow up- which means getting in touch with our boarders, reach for the stars, and remove everything before the parents are coming back (LEAVE NO TRACE)

K

Kaliope Mon 25 Apr 2022 11:31AM

Thanks for participating! Our 2022 theme is...

"LABYRINTHS"

C

Cris Mon 4 Apr 2022 6:31PM

who said Deine Mudda is not coming?

S

Saskia Sun 20 Mar 2022 4:02PM

very much in love with this. So many great puns available. THERE IS NO PRODUCTION.

K

Kris Sun 20 Mar 2022 2:20PM

Love this!

Item removed

Load More