talk.kiezburn.org

Kiezburn Date: 13-17 July 2022

AC Anna Cover Public Seen by 56

Hey guys, as now there is the big question about the Kiezburn dates, I wanted to bring it into the group again to discuss about it.

P

Purzel Mon 20 Dec 2021 7:59PM

Hey Paul,

please remember our netiquette for talk.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z2AlDoUYn5yUbZYAJ_ww7XLEcWst9Qu2/view

As a Moderator I'm reading most of what's going on on talk and I perceived your tone as often crossing the line of not being constructive or supporting. I'm sure you don't intend to transport your point that way.

K

Kaliope Sat 18 Dec 2021 2:49PM

I wouldn't call it "a decision was made..." 😉 there have been several call-outs to get involved and to provide further info on new possible venues – only that inactivity simply leads to no result. There was an open discussion about a vague idea ("do we want to move to another venue?"), but neither has anyone presented hard facts on another potential venue, nor has someone stepped up as a location realizer so far. So everything will probably go on as usual with Freiland.

If you want to learn more about what the principle of consensual do-ocracy means for Kiez Burn, check here. It's the power to decide on an idea, which should be with those who carry out the idea (a.k.a. realizers). Sufficient energy should be put into (1) exploring if this idea will truly benefit Kiez Burn as a whole, and (2) making sure this idea is consented to by other Kiez Burn leaders who would be affected by a decision on this idea. Here's some info on advice processes.

If anyone in the community wants to get involved here, it needs to be done now – because in order to proceed with planning, we should decide on a date in January. @Paul aka Khromo

Item removed

PAK

Paul aka Khromo Mon 20 Dec 2021 4:01PM

You are.

I was asking if the decision had been made. I got manspained as a result.

A simple 'yes' or 'no' would have been sufficed instead of assuming I had no idea what burns or advice processes were.

N

NewAlina Thu 16 Dec 2021 10:09PM

There are two events happening on site (or nearby), Freiland Event: 3. Juni 2022 – 6. Juni 2022 and Schloss Broock Event around the 22. Agust 2022. Due to noise issues we are asked for 3 weeks space between the two events, which means that KB can happen between 24.06 (3 Weeks after Freiland) and 29.07 (3 Weeks before Schloss Brook). To add to that, from 06.07 to 10.07 is NoWhere happening (Spanish burn). Thats the info I can add to your question, for our camp (Underworld) will be actually better middle of July considering that lots of us are going to Boom Festival in Portugal (which is at the end of July).

K

Kaliope Fri 17 Dec 2021 9:35AM

Someone is already wriggling with excitement :) the info on possible dates is from the protocol with Freiland – they suggested a few weekends next year.

This one is an important decision that should be made by the community. The long-term goal or desire of Freiland is to find a fixed date to simplify planning and not to surprise the lovely neighbors with a different date every year.

So it matters a lot when other regional Burns are always held and should not be the decision of only a few camps. There will be a kick-off meeting soon, come there if you want to get involved! It always takes a huge effort to make an event like Kiez Burn happen, and there are certainly still a lot of people needed who help to make this a reality in 2022.

K

Kaliope Fri 17 Dec 2021 9:42AM

There is no main orga doing magic or anything like that. Without the immense effort of many other people from many other camps, or even free campers, who take care of things, there would simply be no Kiez Burn at all! Simply everyone is trying to give their best...

K

Kaliope Fri 17 Dec 2021 9:54AM

Hi @Paul aka Khromo! Thanks for asking this question. I'm wondering why some Kiez Burners want to move to a new Gelände but nobody gets actively involved here...? We need to discuss pros and cons in order to come to an informed decision – hard facts and not what is theoretically possible. What does it mean to move? How expensive is it? What are the rules? Is there a new storage barn nearby? What date can they offer us? If no one takes the lead and provides more info, we will for sure stay with Freiland. There is no central orga that does that just because someone wants to do the burn somewhere else.

PAK

Paul aka Khromo Sat 18 Dec 2021 11:49AM

So a decision was made on the basis that no decision being made counted as a decision! Noted! :)

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Mon 20 Dec 2021 8:33PM

Hi @Paul aka Khromo I guess Kate (nor I) know who you are, how involved are you or what you pursue and, preferred (as I usually do), to not assume that people know rather than the opposite.

You could put it in a different way and say: "thanks for the explanation, I am aware of the process, my question was whether the decision has been made or not as it is not clear to me now".

Lets assume good intentions and react accordingly 😉 i personally assume good intentions from your comment but read a discontent for having been provided unnecessary/unsolicited information to you. Is this correct?

Happy to hear you stick around kiez burn and other burns. Let's make something nice and spread some generosity and understanding while caring our words which sometimes can hurt or sound unappreciative.❤️

Load More