Budgeting and venue screw up
Anomalie sent an email on the 31st July listing 5 points of the conditions of our agreement.
1. You would be hosting your own bars and drinks.
2. Decoration is possible and there are storage facilities
3. You could decorate also a day before if necessary and if there is no corporate event. Otherwise Friday 11 am is fine to start and Saturday Midday is fine to finish.
4. You can bring the food you like for your crew.
5. About the door cut. Would 60/40 work for you? and if attendance is over 1200 we do 70/30 ? In your favour?
Today they came back and changed the agreement listing
If you choose the door split option there is no possibility to host your own bar. That would only be possible if you rent the whole club since the club has to cover all the costs otherwise.
2. Deco setup and take down times are ok.
3. Own food would be ok
4. Door cut: 60/40 and 70/30 (if attendance is over 1200) is a really generous offer I put on the table. Usually it's 50/50. But let's go with it and make it work for everybody.
Basically if we want a no commerce event, we need to pay 12k, but we can keep the money to cover this and use the rest for dreams. Thing is, we could go in the red if we don't get 1000 people through the door. So I'm less inclined to agree we go for this. If we choose the 60/40 option, we need to have a commerce event. We have already agreed this isn't a fundraiser. We don't want to make money on this event and we want to keep it a reasonable price.
This thread is brainstorm ways we can explore having a no commerce event or work out a way we can work with Anomalie or we will have to change venues and figure out another plan.