Kiez Burn build/setup
We need people to set up the Kiez Burn backbone - building the infrastructure that enables the important shit to happen, so builders can transform to sparkle ponies and go dash in the green fields, eating strange flowers & glittery sweat on dancefloors & art projects alike.
Leads 2019: @gureilon and Alex Kasper
What is build/setup?
This year the production team will not be building anything big (no gate or effigy). Instead, we are focused on setting everything up, enabling the event to take place.
Build starts: Friday evening 14/06 and goes until morning of Wednesday 19/06
A full overview of all the tasks: https://realities.kiezburn.org/f61f1996-a5e0-41eb-83e3-625429a6f94e and please sign up:
- either for the general need (so being build lead)
- or for singular responsibilities, and then be responsible for coordinating it.
The big chunks of work:
- help set up the kitchen: the Deine Mudda kitchen will support builders & strikers. This will be a collaborative project with @ottojuanbrunoriver (kitchen lead) and @svendudink (Deine Mudda build lead).
- clean out storage, transport it to site, lay it out and distribute it fairly among infrastructure projects (several days) - https://photos.app.goo.gl/DwMLns4UmusrPz2S6
- enabling signs, site perimeter, sound checks,... to do their job
- support Toolhaus operations (mainly logistics) - Otto = toolbitch
- purchasing & setting up the temporary shelters for feuerwehr (1 tent) & security (1 more tent) & first aid (another tent) and one back up (one last one) - 4 tents
- clean up the whole site of things that block kieze
- Organize a van (e.g. sprinter) for transporting shit around site and to/from storage from build to end of strike. (insured!!!!) (so friday before event to Tuesday/Wednesday after event) (everyone needs to be able to drive it)
- assist in volunteer coordination - https://kiezburn.org/get-involved/volunteer/ - realizer: @verocarsala
What do you have to do here?
- communicating with everyone that potentially needs help in getting ready
- planning of the work & determine the amount of volunteers needed
- purchasing the relevant items (and van)
- discuss budget with KBORG (@alexxx is your man there)
- during build: be available from early morning till evening, constant liaising with everyone (do they need help?)
What is next?
First of all, I (Waldo) will not be helping with the build as such, I am merely searching for a team that will take it over, consensual do-ocracy style like.
How you divide the responsibilities, is to be determined by you. Some possibilities:
- there is a build/setup lead and then coordinates between everyone so that all the responsibilities are taken (https://realities.kiezburn.org/f61f1996-a5e0-41eb-83e3-625429a6f94e)
- there is no build lead - then you need to work as a team, get together etc. and make sure all the responsibilities are shared between you
- some other setup I have not thought of.
- last year' build lead: @bandit
- org questions? @waldo
- finance? @alexxx
- other peeps: see realities + Add your name here too!