Tickets: general info
- This year both me and @janthomas will be doing tickets again. However, we are still glad if someone else would like to join and help out. Reach out on talk if that is the case!
- The event will grow slightly this time around, and therefore, we will have more tickets. Truly insightful, I know.
- We will maintain a 10% amount of low income tickets; same prices and same platform (burnertickets.com) as last year; we will still require ID on the door. imma start saying it now, so no one forgets # Changes Let's talk about what is not the same this year:
- Lottery: we have decided against a lottery because (despite the fact we loved the democratizing aspect of it) it generated a really big, messy, prone to errors, pile of work. It also complicated Matthew's life intensely. And we love Matthew (he runs burnertickets.com). We will go for a first come, first serve basis. More info on this topic to come
- 1 ticket per purchase. Unlike last year, one person will be able to buy exactly one ticket. This is so for all types of tickets # Types of tickets Low income: in line with radical inclusion, we lower the price of 10% of our ticket base for those who are less buoyant. Process is same as last year - fill in a form to tell us your story, the ticket team will review them anonymously and inform the person in time. 40 EUR Regular: they will go on sale and be buyable till we sell out. 80 EUR Directed: these tickets are for those of us involved in making in KB2019 happen, for artists, for kieze, for those volunteering the crap out of their event time, etc... They will be unique, and tightly controlled. 80 EUR Kids: fo FREE! under the age of 18. But we still require names. None of these tickets are valid without ID. # Rough Timeline All dates are subject to change due to weather and/or strong winds
Fri 15 Mar Publish Ticket Details - Website, Newsletter, Facebook
Fri 15 Mar Low income ticket registration opens & announced in newsletter
Mon 25 Mar Further ticketing input sent to BurnerTickets - Stripe & Paypal API details, content & fields for participation survey & potentially info about Dreams @henrik
April 3rd Low income ticket registration ends
April 1-2 nd Low income ticket applicants informed about outcome
TBD Open Directed Ticket Sales
Fr April 5th Regular Sales start. Flood gates open.
Mon 17 Jun Ticket transfer system closes (end of day CET)
Help us discern some open thoughts and ideas, or forever bear the consequences.
1. Bus tickets? Will we sell bus tickets? More info is required on this, and we need to relay it to burnertickets in a timely fashion. ALso conditions (transferable? ID? name only?)
2. Camprevan tickets? Similar to the above. Do we need them? do these come with an onsite driving permision?
3. something we haven't thought of?
Additional input from community
After the leads meeting on 21/03 there was some additional input from people that we will take into account:
- Directed tickets should contain the same form/volunteer participation list as regular tickets. No one escapes volunteering!
- Volunteer form needs to be done asap, and if possible be presented to the user before ticket purchase.