talk.kiezburn.org

2021 Budget Redistribution (Passed)

D Diarmaid Public Seen by 81

This is the discussion. To vote in the poll click here: https://talk.kiezburn.org/p/8WAKewP3/budget-redistribution-for-dreams

When the voting on Dreams ends, there will be money left over in the budget that has to be redistributed to dreams. This money will exist both because the LNT grant was not applied, and not every ticket holder will spend their tokens.

The current proposal for redistribution is as follows:

• All dreams which have reached their minimum budget are funded, and all stretch goals which have been voted for are funded

• Dreams are ranked on the percentage of their minimum budget that the community has voted on.

• All remaining budget is put into a big pot, and the first dream (i.e. the highest percentage that the community voted on) is funded up to the minimum budget.

• The remaining money is then applied to the next dream, and this step is repeated till we run out of money

It was brought up that this was unfair to some dreamers. Some dreamers might not know that they can change their minimum budget, or might not know that by doing so they could get funded. So a secondary proposal was made:

• Ignore minimum budgets completely

• Once voting ends, we take the money that has been distributed and treat it as tokens

• We revalue these so that we have spent the entire budget. We cap dreams at their maximum budget, with the unused tokens being reallocated in the pool.

• We then tell each dream what their budget recieved is. We ask them if they want to continue with the dream, knowing that they will only get this much funding.

• A HARD deadline is set on this, and dreamers who do not respond do not get funded. Length of the deadline to be determined.

• Once we know which dreams agree to go ahead, we take the tokens from the dreams which have been cancelled, and we distribute these to the dreams which have not been cancelled. Each dream would then receive some extra amount of funding.

PROPOSAL: That we change the budget redistribution from the previous model to the new model.

Note: A dream is only eligible for its minimum budget until we get the actual permit, which looks like it might not happen till the 20th of July. If we do switch, how will this be handled? This restriction no longer applies

CY

CJ Yetman
Agree
Sun 25 Jul 2021 5:35PM

Since our Dream is adjacent to our camp, we were planning on powering it out of our camp’s power budget. Can we also now pay for our power through our dream budget? Would also save us time with receipts and all that.

V

Vlad
Agree
Fri 23 Jul 2021 7:42PM

The whole situation with paid power for three only sound camps we have at kiezburn is ridiculous. I wish we could have an explicit power art grant field in the ticketing process.

We have to talk about it as a community if this is what we want, ppl make sound camps for our pleasure and have to source an extreme amount of extra cash to pay for electricity on top of it.

Concerning the proposal, sure, it is ok to redirect a quarter of the dream budget to pay for electricity :D

A

Alejandro
Agree
Fri 23 Jul 2021 3:09PM

Despite we don't have commerce during the event I like the idea of making a bit of an internal ecconomy with our energy production and let's see if this can help with a more efficient energy usage in general for the entire event. Like Sim City!

K

Kiki
Agree
Fri 23 Jul 2021 1:25PM

Yes, as the Underworld has a good point and we should take it as ´learn and improve´ example for the next years.

R

Roko
Agree
Fri 23 Jul 2021 11:25AM

nubicuculia likes this! in our last estimate we had like 5kw needed. this might change if we order more lights. do we get the fund for our initial proposal or for what we actually will order?

(nice idea to have less paperwork tbh!!!)

S

Saskia
Agree
Fri 23 Jul 2021 10:46AM

I am a tiny tiny little bit annoyed by our lack of integrity and following through with our own rules. BUT I am mostly here to enable our participants to make nice things, and if it is power they need, and it makes things easier for all parties included, I am all for it. <3

D

Diarmaid
Agree
Fri 23 Jul 2021 9:19AM

Less work is good :)

D

Poll Created Fri 23 Jul 2021 9:19AM

Allow dreams to fund extra power Closed Mon 26 Jul 2021 9:00AM

We banned some dreams from funding all of their power with the arts budget (e.g. Ease of Air, Nubicuculia). to reiterate the original reasoning:

• Funding the power needs equated to an invisible grant of \~2000€ being given to approx 3 different dreams.

• Allowing the dreams to put power in their budget would make dreams impossible to fund, given how the voting and redistribution would have happened

• As such, we said that the power needs would have to be raised from the community instead of coming from the dreams budget, and could be put in as an additional cost

Since then, we have changed the way that the distribution of funds has happened to the above method. As such, the concern about dreams not being fundable is no longer relevant, and there is no longer any reason not to allow dreamers to use their grant money to fund the power generation.

A proposal has been made to allow Underworld to fund the power from their dream from the arts grant. Given power costs will take more than the entire arts grant budget for Underworld, this will in essence mean that there is less work for them (as they do not have to worry about reciepts), less work for us (as we don't have to worry about reciepts) and I think it is overall a good idea.

Allowing it from Underworld would also mean allowing it from the other dreams where we banned them from funding power.

The dreams that this will effect are Ease of Air, Live Music and More from Musotopia, and Nubicuculia. Each of these dreams would now be able to spend their budget on the extra power needs. All other dreams are getting their power needs covered by us already.

@Saskia (The Fuzzy Facilitator) @Kiki As the guides, you are directly effected here. What do you think?

Results

Results Option % of points Voters
Agree 100.0% 12 CY ME K V A A D R AK S E S
Abstain 0.0% 0  
Disagree 0.0% 0  
Undecided 0% 36 VRS A A MG K P NF MK L J DK MO L A MJ V S P TM K

12 of 48 people have participated (25%)

D

Diarmaid Mon 5 Jul 2021 9:30PM

D

Diarmaid Thu 1 Jul 2021 9:44AM

Technically no, but if you send me an email with the address that you used to buy your ticket, and a list of dreams that you would like to fund, I can apply them manually before we calculate the budgets.

Load More