talk.kiezburn.org
Tue 18 Feb 2020 9:35AM

2020 Action: Radically Regular Radically Do-ocratic KB newsletter

DU Alina, also known as Universe Public Seen by 55

Rethinking KiezBurn Newsletter to reflect our new way of working together (=do-ocracy) and make it an engagement and entertainment piece for our community

WHAT:

A de-centralised, regular, schedule-driven do-ocratic newsletter for KiezBurn. Each newsletter is created by a different individual or group of (or Kieze Newsletter takeover!)

WHY:

It has potential to engage our wider community throughout the year and to inform, entertain, empower and educate (about do-ocracy) all-in-one!

HOW:

The Newsletter is schedule-driven and relies fully on participation. Allowing the letting go of what community does not carry, too. No participation = no Newsletter (Alina sends out an empty one). The schedule is pre-set with the following dates:

WED 18th of March (LAUNCH!)

Alina

Alina

WED 1st of April

?

Alina

WED 22 of April

?

Alina

WED 6th of May

?

Alina

WED 20th of May

?

Alina

WED 3rd of June

?

Alina

WED 10th of June

?

Alina

MON 15th June / pre-event!

?

Alina

An ad-hoc "functional" Newsletter can be sent out outside of these dates by the Realizer of the urgent comms need. Example "Tickets are now on sale" Newsletter with the link to ticket purchase.

WHAT I NEED:

1. An OK t from those affected (those needing to communicate) that they are happy to run with this format. An acknowledgement of the concept with all the risk and edginess that it brings. Acceptance of the possibility that if the Newsletter does not get co-created, then we do not have a Newsletter (or rather, an empty one will be sent out anyways!)

2. Access to Mailchimp account of Kiez Burn.

DU

Alina, also known as Universe Thu 5 Mar 2020 4:38PM

@waldo @Veroca R. Sala I guess that first newsletter just radically co-created itself. That's cool. I will be at the meeting. I wanted to use it as a platform to collect what is cooking within the community and in the event location team to send mid-March.

DU

Alina, also known as Universe Mon 9 Mar 2020 10:53PM

Hello, here is the schedule for the radically co-created do-ocratic newsletter in 2020

What you can do:

• Sign up as the Realiser. You can be an individual, a group of, or a Kiez (yeah!). You are not alone in the process. You will be guided by me (Alina) in case of any questions. Mailchimp access to be guided by myself as well.

NEW!!!!

• Idea for a take-over of the newsletter by a Kiez! This sounds like a great plan to make this funky AF and also give Kieze a voice pre-event!

WHERE TO GET THE HOT TOPICS

• The newsletter mailing date is linked to the 3-weekly Realizer Meetings happening every 3rd Monday starting Monday 9.03.2020 at Burner Embassy. Then it switches to biweekly from May and then weekly in June. You can come or dial in to the Realizer Meeting to have an overview of what the burning topics are - or keep your eye on Talk or talk to Event Coordination Team. Easy!

AD-HOC "FUNCTIONAL" Emails

• We can decide to launch a very "functional" (one topic only) Newsletter connected to important announcements as Ticket Sale or Dreams Platform Launch. This can be designed/sent out by the Realizer and ideally remains one-topic-only.

LAUNCHING THE DO-OCRATIC NEWSLETTER

• How about sending a Newsletter to launch this initiative on WED 18th?

Date

Realizer (Name + Email + Phone)

Guide

WED 18th of March (LAUNCH!)

Alina

Alina

WED 1st of April

?

Alina

WED 22 of April

?

Alina

WED 6th of May

?

Alina

WED 20th of May

?

Alina

WED 3rd of June

?

Alina

WED 10th of June

?

Alina

MON 15th June / pre-event!

?

Alina

DU

Alina, also known as Universe Mon 9 Mar 2020 10:54PM

@waldo (because you've radically involved yourself in Newsletters) and @Erin Jeavons-Fellows as Comms Lead - please have a look at the above schedule. How does this sound? Also, let's discuss facilitation of Mailchimp access ?! How may I guide this best?

DU

Alina, also known as Universe Mon 9 Mar 2020 11:17PM

The skeleton format proposed is:

1. News from Event Coordination Team

• Choose the 3 burning topics that need to be shared. You can collect these by being present at the Event Coordination/Realizer meeting, scrolling through Talk or reaching out individually.

2. News from the Board (optional)

• 1 topic. Nice if it's not too serious.

3. TALK thread on the month

• 1 thread chosen by newsletter maker(s) - let's keep promoting Talk for good steady burner traffic

4. The Wacky Window: Radical Self Expression Podium for the Newsletter Realizer. Show your colours!

• This is for radical self expression of the individual(s), group or Kieze doing the newsletter. And some radical fun. Do something silly, something useful, share a hot mess of a Kiez selfie and a background hot mess of a story - it's up to you. Make this awesome for those who read and a total pedestal moment for yourself. This is like your Cabaret moment condensed into one Newsletter!

W

walto Tue 10 Mar 2020 8:41AM

Cool, I'm super looking forward to stepping out of this topic & really appreciate the energy and dedication you put into this Alina!

My closing advice:

• Update the thread with the conclusion of this topic and the structure etc. This makes it more likely people will understand what is decided.

• Potentially: Move this thread to advise processes group and make a new newsletter thread in the Communicorns group that focuses on the implementation.

• Potentially move away from calling this "radical", since we used to cocreate newsletters already, the main change seems to be, that it will be more structured and guided. I believe that is an amazing added value that you bring with structuring it. So maybe phrasing it as such will make it clearer what this is about.

DU

Alina, also known as Universe Tue 10 Mar 2020 4:59PM

Calling ECT: @Hanna-Maija (Animal) @Franzi @Alexxx @Bee @CJ Yetman @Veroca R. Sala @Cris @Erin Jeavons-Fellows @Clément Marchand Le Poittevin

• can you please check the Newsletter schedule above and see if this covers your potential needs for communications? The idea is to keep the newsletter schedule-driven = steady, regular, with time for preparation available.

• There is still space for "functional" newsletter if needed, such as "Tickets are on sale" or urgent comms pre-event. Ideally, not to be abused.

With your consent, I am launching this baby on 18th of March!

p.s. Cannot find tags for Daisy, Sven, Keegan - if you know the correct tag, please tag? I will look for alternative ways to ping as well.

EJ

Erin Jeavons-Fellows Tue 10 Mar 2020 5:02PM

HI @Alina, also known as Milda! The newsletter schedule works for me. Maybe there can be a little flexibility in time if there is other messaging that could go inside the newsletter that is important? I hope to not spam people with the newsletter, but im loving this idea.
For example, if the newsletter is scheduled for the 1st april and we have important notice such as tickets to announce, maybe we can adjust the date a little and combine it with other information also.

PS. Pirates have agreed to take the first newsletter. 💀

F

Franzi Tue 10 Mar 2020 6:34PM

Dear area realizers <3 Can you please check the newsletter comms plan and work with Alina to make sure your comms needs are covered.

@Hanna-Maija (Animal) for Kieze comms

@Mareike for gate

@Veroca R. Sala for Volunteer coordination

@otto @keegan for Tickets

@Andreas Angelakis @David for sound

Survival guide team?

@Purzel for Fire & Safety

@Alina, also known as Milda! you need to add otto, keegan and mareike to this group otherwise they won't see it. I cant do it myself.

DU

Alina, also known as Universe Tue 10 Mar 2020 10:16PM

To clarify - for all involved. I am NOT asking for feedback on the dates fitting the time where you need to share infomation. The question is about the frequency of Newsletter - do you feel that this is enough to cover our needs for communication? Please pay attention to increasing frequency over time - first every 3 weeks, then 2, then 1. The dates need to be fixed in advance to ensure the makers can make the Newsletter. Please try and see the concept in its entirety. Thank you for your time! <3

CY

CJ Yetman Wed 11 Mar 2020 8:38AM

I consent to this plan. I don't necessarily believe it's the best or most effective plan, but I don't think there's a lot of significant risk here, and I can appreciate that having a rigid schedule sometimes forces you to do the stuff you need to do on time. With the added possibility that an ad-hoc newsletter can be sent at any time outside of this rigid schedule, all needs can be covered, and the only real cost of sending out a few empty newsletters is that @Alina, also known as Milda! will waste her own time doing it, which she has willing agreed to.

Load More