talk.kiezburn.org
Thu 17 Jun 2021 6:18PM

Rangers Orga 2021

J Jessie Public Seen by 32

This is the Orga-Stuff-Thread for the Rangers.

Ranger Realizer: @Jessie
Mentor: @Cris

Social Media

Directory

ToDos

• Recruit volunteers! - 6 Rangers Leads still missing! (up to 18.6.21)

• Check supplies in Storage - to be done during Spark

• Purchase needed supplies

• Check and review Safety&Emergency Protocol

• Check and review Covid Protocol

• Check Sound Protocol

• Update Rangers Manual aligned with the other protocols

• Organize trainings times (pre event? event?)

• Communicate and share documents with all signed up volunteers

• Print all documents to have on site during the event

Wandering Rangers
Wandering Rangers are participants at Kiez Burn who volunteer a portion of their time in service of the safety and well-being of the community. They act as non-confrontational community mediators, providers of reliable information, facilitators of public safety, and navigators of the edge of chaos. They encourage self reliance, individual accountability, and shared responsibility. They mediate situations involving citizens, the organization, or cooperating agencies. When circumstances dictate, they act to uphold the principles of our community.

Day or night, pairs of Rangers can be found engaging with the community, enjoying the art, and always ready to help sort things out. 

This is a sober shift!

Meeting Location:
Ranger Station (aka Headquarters) Location tbc.

Training on site
All hands come on Thursday? at noon? to our Ranger station at the salloon for a quick group Rangers meeting and training followed by a drink at the bar. 

Arrive at Start of your shift
15 minutes prior to your shift for the shift hand over and setting up talkies/bags, then break up into pairs and wandering. At the end of shift return walkie talkie and bag.
If you didn't do the training, you have to arrive 30 min before your shift starts.

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Tue 22 Jun 2021 10:36AM

thanks! so my idea from Volunteer Uncoordinator is to send a confirmation email to all rangers with date & time of their shift. This is time-consuming but I think people respond well to personalized emails from the official Kiez Burn volunteer email address, with the goal of making sure all participants show up to their shifts, letting them know we are fully aware of the shift they are taken. This is what I did 2019.

This year Im thinking of simplifying the task by sending an email to the group of people that signed up for each day, pasting a capture of the spreadsheet so they can look it up themselves.

Were you thinking of doing something similar to this? should I not do it so as to not spam volunteers too much? Lemme know

J

Jessie Tue 22 Jun 2021 10:20AM

Updated it in the Description.

J

Jessie Tue 22 Jun 2021 4:32PM

Here was my Idea. As soon as the Rangers Manual is updated and aligned with the protocols, I was about to send everyone an E-Mail from the official Rangers E-Mail-Address. For confirmation, I wanted to create a Checkbox on the Volunteersheet, so people can check, if they read the Manual and also we could add, that they're aware to take their shift.
Unfortunately, not everybody signed up in either the Facebook or Telegram Group. Boomer.

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Tue 22 Jun 2021 4:51PM

Cool then I leave it to you. I have more ranger volunteer coming in via email. Will look it up tomorrow ❤️

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Mon 21 Jun 2021 5:22PM

@Jessie are you also managing a Facebook group or telegram chat for rangers?

VRS

Veroca R. Sala Fri 18 Jun 2021 1:40PM

Thanks cris & Jessie

C

Cris Fri 18 Jun 2021 9:05AM

I pimped up the description a bit ;)